Lt. Commander
are all over the place

1stly the rewards from Everything Old is New

the Retrofit Forward Phaser Bank Mk XI does 202 phaser damage (162 dps) which is all well and good (and the same as the connie phasers at VA which still scale)

the Retrofit Aft Phaser Bank Mk XI however does 210 (168 dps)

both still have the ∞ symbol on their icons btw

now lets look at the weapon changes to Night of the Comet (a change i completely hate btw and you have left grandfathered items in the game and thus disadvantaged everyone who does the quests from this point on which is extremely bad MMO developer form)

the Type 3 and Type 2 Mk Xi Phasers do 32 and 33 dps respectively which is on par with XI level rewards

the Klingon Disruptor Pistol Mk XI however does 26 dps

i'll say that again: 26 dps (putting it between level VI and VIII reward level)

er . . . ye . . . what about that ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2011, 05:38 AM
so...does one have to redo this mission to get the new weapons? Or do the weapons we have retrograde?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2011, 05:40 AM
Yeah, those changes are just horrible. The new end rewards for the the Devidian series also completely lack any indication of their Mk on the icon, you have to mouseover.

However, the only real disadvantage (except the Klingon disruptor pistol which probably is a bug) newer players have is that they can't have multiple unique weapons. The scaling weapons are a really nice thing and I will miss them horribly, but they are usually slightly worse then the Mk-gear of the appropriate level.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2011, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.mcnaught
are all over the place

1stly the rewards from Everything Old is New

the Retrofit Forward Phaser Bank Mk XI does 202 phaser damage (162 dps) which is all well and good (and the same as the connie phasers at VA which still scale)

the Retrofit Aft Phaser Bank Mk XI however does 210 (168 dps)

both still have the ∞ symbol on their icons btw

now lets look at the weapon changes to Night of the Comet (a change i completely hate btw and you have left grandfathered items in the game and thus disadvantaged everyone who does the quests from this point on which is extremely bad MMO developer form)

the Type 3 and Type 2 Mk Xi Phasers do 32 and 33 dps respectively which is on par with XI level rewards

the Klingon Disruptor Pistol Mk XI however does 26 dps

i'll say that again: 26 dps (putting it between level VI and VIII reward level)

er . . . ye . . . what about that ?
Have you read the procs on the two weapons and their alternate fire modes? It could be the Klingon weapon has a proc that deals damage that isn't a part of the baseline DPS.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2011, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangover_Boy
so...does one have to redo this mission to get the new weapons? Or do the weapons we have retrograde?
the weapons we already have still scale which is complete /facepalm from a MMO development pov: all they have done is put one group of people (those who have already done the quests) at an advantage to every player and alt who is created after the change.

ive posted about this kind of change before when they did the same thing during the science console nerf and which they eventually addressed by making them "prototypes" worth loads of Latinum to get them out of circulation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Have you read the procs on the two weapons and their alternate fire modes? It could be the Klingon weapon has a proc that deals damage that isn't a part of the baseline DPS.
the only addition to the Klingon weapons primary fire beyond the standard Disruptor proc is 10% knock back making it equivalent to a [KB2] weapon

alternate fire is a completelty separate issue but comes in at a reported (21 dps) and the effects of a [KB2] weapon. which is 1 dps higher than a standard (white) Disruptor Compression Pistol (which has a primary fire dps of 29 at Mk XI)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Scaling weapons are always behind the maximum Mark level weapon you could have. I never use them at all.

As soon as you hit LtC. you can get a Mk IV weapon. If you have a scaling weapon, it will be much closer to Mk II at that point.

While I am disappointed that we have to run the missions again, I am excited that the rewards might actually be useful in a competitive atmosphere. With how long ground combats tend to last, I can't afford to use a weapon with less damage.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2011, 09:11 AM
I reacted to the difference in Retrofit damage between the fore and aft beams aswell.
Comparing the new Retrofit Aft mk X to similar items (i.e. Phaser mk X [CrtD]x2), it seems it has one modifier too few.
Also, worth noting. While (at RA3) the Aft has a 160dps, the fore has 149. The Retrofits from the Connie, both fore and aft both have 149 aswell. So even more inconsistency.

And at RA3 the old leveling weapons I had (from i.e. Night of the Comet) are lower dps than what the replay offers, which are MK X. But I refuse to replay Night of the Comet, so.. guess I'll redo Frozen or something.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.mcnaught
the weapons we already have still scale which is complete /facepalm from a MMO development pov: all they have done is put one group of people (those who have already done the quests) at an advantage to every player and alt who is created after the change.
With all the things that they can still work on and things that really need tweaking in this game, I hate that they couldn't leave well enough alone with this stuff. As it stands, we can't have more than 1 fore and 1 aft of these things anyway, yet they still decide to micro manage the crap out of these mission rewards and mess with them. Does the fact that they used to scale really upset the game that much?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2011, 09:53 AM
i was kinda confused that last weeks disruptor weapons weren't scaling but Mk *** now they go back and change the others? oooh... why?

scaling is nice.

you can do the missions when you start a new ALT and stop worrying about getting them new weapons all the time... so what i save some more EC, big deal *meh*
i don't want to rerun those missions every rank, to upgrade the gunz of my Boffs...

that change screws more up with the XP curve if you want to keep your blue phaser then saving some Energy Credits.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
i don't want to rerun those missions every rank, to upgrade the gunz of my Boffs...
Actually there are two mark levels per rank, because at the mid-point scaled rewards should move from odd to even numbers.

So you actually would have to rerun those missions twice every rank. So if we're talking about, say, a ground weapon which you want to outfit your entire away team with that would ten times, and with a half-hour cool down timer on replaying missions that means that even if you're exceptionally good at running a particular mission quickly, you're still looking at wasting about five hours of time each rank just to keep your BOff's guns up to date.

If they aren't going to scale they really aren't much of a reward. May as well add them in at vendors for energy credits so we don't have to waste the time...