Lt. Commander
# 1 Cold Call, Missing Breen B.O.?
02-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Hi All;

Not sure if this is correct, but I though you got a Breen B.O. at the end of "Cold Call".

I got the cool freeze gun, which is a lot of fun. but no Bridge officer.

Just curious if this is true or not.

Thanks in advance
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Not any more.

That special reward was for "a limited time only!"
Lt. Commander
# 3 Thanks
02-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Not any more.

That special reward was for "a limited time only!"
That explains it, thanks for the quick response.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2011, 11:41 AM
If you do a Featured Episode series during its initial run, you generally get a "special reward" at the end.

As we have seen, though, nothing remains "exclusive" forever, so I would not be surprised to see the Breen BO (and other speical rewards) attainable by other in-game means or (more likely) through the C-Store at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Interesting
02-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.R.O.P.H.E.T.
If you do a Featured Episode series during its initial run, you generally get a "special reward" at the end.

As we have seen, though, nothing remains "exclusive" forever, so I would not be surprised to see the Breen BO (and other speical rewards) attainable by other in-game means or (more likely) through the C-Store at some point.
That would be cool. I bought the Borg B.O. from the C-store.

Are there any other "exclusive" B.O.'S attainable in the game?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGerg
That would be cool. I bought the Borg B.O. from the C-store.

Are there any other "exclusive" B.O.'S attainable in the game?

Thanks
There is the Borg Sicence officer from Khitomer Accord.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.R.O.P.H.E.T.

If it is another way Cryptic can make money while players get more features, I'm sure that it will eventually happen. That's call capitalism! And why shouldn't the company use every means at their disposal to do so? The moment the company stops making money is the moment the game ends permanently. The subscription fees and C-Store purchases go to the maintenance and upgrades of the servers and the game. I have no problem with features being sold if it helps to keep the game running.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2011, 12:54 PM
It has indeed been indicated that Both the [Ophidian Cane] and the [Breen Tactical Officer Candidate] were both considered for potential C-Store sale later on in the process.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
It has indeed been indicated that Both the [Ophidian Cane] and the [Breen Tactical Officer Candidate] were both considered for potential C-Store sale later on in the process.
That would be good. What's an "Ophidian Cane" btw?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGerg
That would be good. What's an "Ophidian Cane" btw?
The Cane, is the special "Play and complete before a given time" reward from the Devidian Featured Episode series, like the Breen is the equal reward from the Deferi Storyline.

The Cane basically lifts/holds a given number of closeby enemies up into the air, sucking life from them, and returning a specific amount of that "drained" health to you.

It is quite handy when dealing with the Borg in the STF missions, and is a device, hence not taking up a weapons slot.

Is it really cool? Meh!

Reference: http://www.stowiki.org/Ophidian_Cane , and yes: I have it.