Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
03-19-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm currently advocating a system whereby rank is separated from level, and bound to 'rank titles' instead - see this thread, here...

The benefits as I see them are as follows:
1. It allows players to choose their ranks from those they've unlocked, so players wanting to stay at Captain can do so, while simultaneously allowing Admirals to stay at 'Admiral' if they wish.

2. It'd provide an opportunity to fix the clunky 'Rear Admiral, Lower Half' NPC dialogue to more accurate versions.

3. It'd mean that any future levels wouldn't need to include increasingly ridiculous ranks - we don't need EVERY player at 'Fleet Admiral' rank, and what's next? 'Commander-in-Chief'? 'Federation President'? Separating rank from level allows for unlimited level-cap raising, without such problems.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-19-2011, 12:39 PM
While I'm not opposed to the idea, please don't advertise in my thread.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
While I'm not opposed to the idea, please don't advertise in my thread.
I'm not advertising - I'm merely pointing out a more flexible alternative, and felt it redundant to copy the entire thing out again here, hence the link.

I did so, because I reckon it's pertinent, and that people interested in amending the rank problems might want to know about it - sorry if you feel that I'm trying to de-rail your original idea.
Lt. Commander
# 34 Ranks & Tier Revision
03-20-2011, 06:56 AM
I was thinking something like this....

Crewman LVL 0 -(Starter Rank)
Ensign LVL 1-10 -(Shuttle) Does courier missions and diplomatic
Lieutenant JG LVL 10-20-(Scout Ship: Science) (Fighter: Tactical) (Runabout: Engineering)
Lieutenant LVL 20-30-Tier 1 Starships
Lieutenant Commander LVL 30-40 -Tier 2 Starships
Commander LVL 40-50-Tier 3 Starships
Captain LVL 50-60-Tier 4 Starships
Commodore or Rear Admiral LH LVL 60-70(Players chioce of what title they want) - Tier 5 Retrofit starships
Rear Admiral LVL 70-80-TBD
Vice Admiral LVL 80-90-TBD
Admiral LVL90-100- TBD
Fleet Admiral VETERAN REWARD for 500 days or more -TBD
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-20-2011, 07:29 AM
How about getting rid of the Ranks to advance in Level and make them Accolades.

Many advantages come from that:

- We dont have everyone running around as Vice Admiral
- Gives you more motiviation to earn your rank actually instead of just leveling it up
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Any solution that continues to tie rank to level as the OP proposed doesn't fix the problem. It just postpones it.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camenecium View Post
Any solution that continues to tie rank to level as the OP proposed doesn't fix the problem. It just postpones it.
How about seperating the leveling system from the rank system. Meaning you can level up to 51 but still be a Lieutenant however a higher ranks lets you access better tiers of ships. How about tying the rank system in with the accolade points