Lt. Commander
# 11
02-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Are the melee wepaons still going to be added to mem alpha like Dan tweeted the other day or are they C store only now?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Are the melee wepaons still going to be added to mem alpha like Dan tweeted the other day or are they C store only now?
The Lirpa is... the only difference is the weapon model... the C-store is metalic with gold trimmings.... the other one is a stick with a blade on one end and a sledge hammer on the other.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-25-2011, 12:24 PM
I really like the Picard style jacket, unfortunatly, the jacket just looks too "tight", like it was "drawn" on like one of those tuxedo t-shirts. It gets the style pretty close but the overall effect is just not very realistic.

However, I understand the additional challenges of implementing a jacket that "hangs" loosely around the torso and moves around realistically. Maybe sometime down the road this clothing mechanism can be refined, and kudos to the developers for making progress on this jacket (which is my favorite of all the trek clothing). I will wait for now. I might buy it despite the flaws when it is on sale since it unlocks so many more uniform options. It is a good step forward.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroX View Post
Excellent more uniform options, always liked picards open jacket style
...except Picard's TNG Jacket doesn't seem to in this pack. You just seem to have the DS9 and Voyager jackets over his unique top, rather than the actual undershirts those uniforms had.

I'm...confused as to how this has occured.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Could the Melee Weapons we buy in the C-Store (or craft) unlock a matching trophy for our ready room walls?

Please?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Honestly, I have to add to the voices of disappointment. The uniform pack is fine, but why not give truly open jackets for males as well? Where's the open-with-undershirt for females? Would it really have been that difficult to do both genders with both options? I think at least the price is right.

Not so for the weapon pack, which is hardly worth it, considering the weapons aren't much better than what's available in-game. They look nice, but don't really seem like a great deal. I won't be buying this for the same reason I won't buy the T'Pol, Seven or Counselor uniforms. I'm not paying money for so little of an improvement. If those costume packs had male counterparts, or there were a few more unique weapons in here, fine. But it's too little to be offering.

You guys are really great about testing and tweaking a lot of the gameplay elements, but you seem to spring these C-Store items on us without finding out how much people are willing to pay for something. Are you doing any marketing testing for this stuff? Or just taking a guess? Normally I'm very pleased with the things you do, but half the items in the C-Store just become something for me to ignore. (For the record, I've bought and spent thousands in Cryptic points. Just not on single uniforms or, now, weapon packs.)

Thank you again for all your hard work though. Sorry I have to be critical this time.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Captain Picard's jacket, it doesn't look quite like I thought it should.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSpot
Still can't get the skirt color to match jacket color like we could prior to the uniform updates.
Yeap exspecialy the color back is way off on the skirt compaired to the open jacket like on the next generation movie open jacket the skirt needs to be darker like the pants
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swangau
Captain Picard's jacket, it doesn't look quite like I thought it should.
It also doesn't seem to be part of the TNG pack, like it should be.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
The Lirpa is... the only difference is the weapon model... the C-store is metalic with gold trimmings.... the other one is a stick with a blade on one end and a sledge hammer on the other.
And you can craft one that has more DPS and crit damage.