Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Stormshade mentioned this as well, and seemed every bit as confused and annoyed by it as some of us do.

While they're tons better than government regulation, the ESRB can be really... weird, sometimes.
I have a plan, a crack squad must be recruited to replace the US president with a secret European, this imposter president will then mandate that the BBFC or PEGI take over the ESRBs role. I see this plan as a little more feasible than a dwarf hamster defeating a steroid raging cat in a cage match.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah it would've been nice had they kept the cleavage aspect......oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-25-2011, 09:11 PM
If only there was a way to mod it client side, but the ESRB would probably have a fit about that too.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-25-2011, 09:28 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines and Cryptic Studios Infraction Policy ~WishStone
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-26-2011, 02:16 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines and Cryptic Studios Infraction Policy ~WishStone
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-26-2011, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor12345 View Post
If only there was a way to mod it client side, but the ESRB would probably have a fit about that too.
What's this about the ESRB? I remember reading a dev post about a month or so back that stated that the cleavage was nerfed do to an 'in house' (read: Dev made) decision, not the ESRB.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-26-2011, 06:17 AM
Looki, the open jacket for the female's is not well done. It doesn't matter if you WANT them like this because there is nothing there but skin or if your DONT WANT them because all of the sudden their shirts disappear when the jacket opens. Poorly done job.

I, for one, did not expect the start of a striptease if using one of these. I am against the female open jacket option until it is made to look better, preferably something alittle more professional and a little less "i want boobies".
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-26-2011, 08:06 AM
I'll use Rift as an example;

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/news...09/telara1.jpg

http://kruxor.com/images.php?src=ima...jpg&w=495&zc=1

http://blog.weflyspitfires.com/wp-co...7808933956.jpg

How can a game rated T for Teen by the ESRB get away with this, as with almost every other game out there with that rating;

and yet STO, with the very same rating, has to color the skin green to get a pass. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon for cleavage persay, but I do feel it is unfair that STO is held to a much harsher treatment than others.

Unless it is CBS who doesn't want to allow said cleavage in game, then I could understand.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Instead we got this. Which is not what we asked for.

Frankly I'm disappointed in the amount of work put into this new uniform. Instead of giving people what they actually asked for, all they did was take an eraser to a small portion of the uniform top and then replace with with skin color texture.

No new art assets were added, which is why the open version shows sternum no matter how well endowed the character is.

That kind of simple, cost-cutting approach is fine if you're making something to put into the game for free. There's no way that I'd ever pay for it because that kind of "minimum amount of effort not really what they asked for but close enough lets rush it out and call it good oh whoops emergency patch cause our lack of testing caused it go live broken for Trills" just isn't good enough for my money.

Closed Thread