Lt. Commander
# 1 A question about foundry
02-25-2011, 07:55 PM
hi ive not been able to get onto foundry yet but ive played the one live foundry q on holodeck for kdf, what im wondering is this. when i make a missions will i be able to stagger it so its a chain mission as in you do one quest hand in then get the next part to it and what are the limitations on whats possible with a foundry mission when creating.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2011, 08:45 PM
ATM you can have up to 8 missions that you make yourself. These can be a story-arc or individual missions as there is no difference ATM.

There are quite a few limitations as to what is possible and there is a definite learning curve. The foundry is currently down waiting for a new patch which will hopefully come very soon.

I would suggest checking out some of the tutorials available at StarbaseUGC.com to get some help using the foundry tools...

There is also a chat channel there where many authors "Hang-out" and can provide immediate guidance and helpful suggestions for you.

Good Luck!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2011, 09:22 PM
At the moment you can't hand from one part to the next part, you have to search and choose part 2 then part 3. As of this moment there also are no prerequisites as well, so theoretically someone could do part 3 then part 1 etc. These are features that should be put forward to the powers that be as desired things (unless they already have, I still have to listen to the 2nd conference call and get details on the first one that cryptic had with some of the leading voices in the foundry right now)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2011, 10:17 PM
I've tried to help people out with mission order as much as I can. I created a name for my story arc (in this case "Dissention" and I begin every mission title with that name and a number, i.e. Dissention I xxxxxx, Dissention II xxxxx, and so on. That way people know where they are within the series.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2011, 12:52 AM
is it possible to import actualy quests from the game into the editor too cos one of the things i really wanna do is redo some quests from fed side that would be truly epic for kdf like ghostship an the new link.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2011, 05:14 AM
There presently is no import feature at all. You can potentially recreate any given one from scratch (assuming the maps are available in the editor, which not all are at present. So for now your best bet is to leave the remastery to Gozer, or else be prepared to build the entire thing from scratch.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2011, 08:54 PM
The interior map for the ghost ship mission is currently available to use in the Foundry
Lt. Commander
# 8 NONOnonoonooooo
02-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Quote:
is it possible to import actualy quests from the game into the editor too cos one of the things i really wanna do is redo some quests from fed side that would be truly epic for kdf like ghostship an the new link.
So you want to rehash fed missions to make klingon missions? I am against this.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-27-2011, 02:38 PM
rehash? thats a bit nasty is it not, who are the people who were the 1st to go after the undine, who has the most hate against the romulans and do the mirror universe and trueway only effect the federation, is there only a federation ship held by the hirogen inside the wormhole ?

would the kdf really allow a klingon house to start messing with genetic work on klingons and gorn without sending someone to kill the run away house?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-27-2011, 03:11 PM
I think we need as much Klingon Foundry content as we can get... Fire At Will Commander... so what if it's a rehash...

While I would favor original content rather than just a klingon make-over.. it would be a good way to learn the tool-set if you find yourself without a solid story idea. Authors need to start somewhere... familiar territory can help to deal with a new tool-set.

Don't take well meant criticism too seriously and don't be afraid to pursue your own goals... I think you'll find making anything close to Cryptic Level Content quite a daunting task and will end up with something very different than just a klingon clone...