Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-26-2011, 01:14 AM
Oh please not THIS again...

Azurian tell me, are you happy with any single aspect of the game?
Because Noone can take seriously a guy, who posts a whine thread every weekend or so. Last time it was "NERF DEFIANTS OMG" (good folks can check the Escort section of the forum for reference), claiming it's overpowered.

The problem is in you. Learn to play or don't do PvP. Or get a klink, well-played BoP is as overpowered as you can get.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-26-2011, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
>SNIP<
You are correct 100% on most issues. I know some players out there will say you are wrong but lets face it
those players are not the smartest of players in my book.As a former FPS gamer(semi high) i know more about what makes great PvP then most MMO gamers out there, people talk about skills in a MMO is a joke compared to a FPS game but MMO gameplay is sure as hell just plain more fun in many ways.

And in STO to keep it short it's all about NPC pets(that have nothing to do with PvP what so ever)
and skills that lag up the screen to most players.And the fact that the STO game engine is meh, doesnt help.

KDF VS FEDS. Well there are many good fed players out there but sadly not always on at the same time i feel.
The KDF rule arenas bigetime and in 99% of the time is a fed slaughter.And i can say this as a former STO player with MAIN kdf tac.(BUT NOT ANYMORE)

I know i had my share of complaining on these forums but that is only bacause i wanted the game to do well.
But sadly for PvP and raiding i dont see this happening by a long shot.

There are so many things wrong with PvP in this game it's just plain silly.

Why is the cruiser the biggest healer most times?
Why is the gameplay focused on NPC spam most of the times.
Why is most of the default settings in STO all wrong giving new players a bad start in space and ground.
Why is fed vs fed gameplay way more balanced the fed vs kdf ? i know the answear do you ?and why ?
Why does Cryptic completly ignore PvP and exploit fixes in STO(they reaaly do)
Why do STO a game based on war only have 1 PvP map with objectives.
Why is the rewards for playing PvP in STO total crap compared to other MMO's out there?
Why is that the shields and hull on a ship in PvP can go from a 100% to 0 in little over 1 second in STO?
Why is it that a game based on war doesnt have a real war in it?
Why do most skills have the same duration I-III skills last 15 seconds etc, doesnt make any sense.
Why is it that most of these issues one year after is not taken care of ?

This are the things i could come up with in 5 minutes, sure i can think of more.

The only thing the devs are doing every 3 month is to change some skills etc to make players pay for more re skills.Have nothing to do with gamebalance.The only thing they changed that was a good thing was with VM.The rest can be done with minor changes without changing gameplay.
But what the hell do i know about gameplay right?

And some of you will say the same old crap, there is only a small % of MMO players that PvP blabla.
And that is of course pure ********.Like now i'm in the Rift headstart and they have over 1 mill players trying to play the game with hours long queues to get in and i can tell you people atleast half of those servers that is full is PvP servers.

And yes some fed cruisers are OP fact and some KDF BOPS fighting together in PvP is OP fact.
The fact is 5 cruisers chain healing will always be OP to anything else in this game even 5 tanking BOPS dont stand a chance.(maybe 5 carriers)

Anyways what is fun to players like me ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSqg1L7ZNSY
This is us yesterday playing Rift.We are standing in a public quest erea getting quest's from NPC's
when all of a sudden a huge BOSS comes along and starts to make trouble IT'S ON ! And it's lov lvl too, this is what fun gameplay is all about, not idliing in space waiting to play that PvP map you have play the entire year because there is no war and no other PvP maps to play exept those braindead arena maps that have nothing to do with STAR TREK what so ever and are un balanced.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-26-2011, 03:05 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-26-2011, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
Tyyy, I got a feeling you came to this game last year for like 10 mins. Ever since KDF carrier got nerfed (and thanks devs for that), klinks tend to lose much more. There are plenty of good fed players - the fact you are clueless doesn't mean it's a bad game, it means you are a bad player.

I think STO isn't a game for you. Go play CS or WoW.
In other words you dident actually read anything i wrote.BRAVO BRAVO. BTW your saying i'm a bad player ?
Why would you say anything like that without knowing me? i have lost only 4 1 vs 1 the last 6 month in STO thats including ground 1 vs 1 bat'leth fight.But as i said you dident actually read what i wroite did you so whats the point of your lame post.BTW i have never player wow, not even tried it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-26-2011, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
In other words you dident actually read anything i wrote.BRAVO BRAVO. BTW your saying i'm a bad player ?
Why would you say anything like that without knowing me? i have lost only 4 1 vs 1 the last 6 month in STO thats including ground 1 vs 1 bat'leth fight.But as i said you dident actually read what i wroite did you so whats the point of your lame post.BTW i have never player wow, not even tried it.
I said it, because you whine about things, that are obviously wrong on your side. No, ships don't explode in 2 seconds, unless their owner has wrong shields, no resistances, or is careless - in every case, that's player's fault. I don't really care about your great gaming feats, I judge you from what you wrote.

Also you are right, I didn't really read what you wrote past the "those players are not the smartest of players in my book.As a former FPS gamer(semi high) i know more about what makes great PvP then most MMO gamers out there" which clearly shows your IQ as well as your attitude - so why bother

Your post can be summarized into "I don't like the game pvp" - okay, then go play something else, simple as that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-26-2011, 03:31 AM
there are a couple of bugs that need looking at but ive found pvp to be more fun recently than in the past and more balanced. what ever it is now i enjoy it and i play both factions and have numerous max rank ship types. i have no problem with the current set up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-26-2011, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
I said it, because you whine about things, that are obviously wrong on your side. No, ships don't explode in 2 seconds, unless their owner has wrong shields, no resistances, or is careless - in every case, that's player's fault. I don't really care about your great gaming feats, I judge you from what you wrote.

YES they do.The fastest time i killed a carrier in a fed escort was i 3 seconds and the kdf players was not AFK and again yeas you can actually kill someone in 1 second in this game in PvP.

Also you are right, I didn't really read what you wrote past the "those players are not the smartest of players in my book.As a former FPS gamer(semi high) i know more about what makes great PvP then most MMO gamers out there" which clearly shows your IQ as well as your attitude - so why bother

Actually my IQ is pretty high.(Not that you need a high IQ to be good in a game)Do i sometimes speak as i am the master of the univers, maybe yeah but dude it's only a game.It's alll about beeing the best right ?maybe not for you.

Your post can be summarized into "I don't like the game pvp" - okay, then go play something else, simple as that. Yeah as i said i am playing something else if you had actually read my post.Gonna stick around for the weekly missions but thats about it.
.......................
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-26-2011, 04:00 AM
Quote:

YES they do.The fastest time i killed a carrier in a fed escort was i 3 seconds and the kdf players was not AFK and again yeas you can actually kill someone in 1 second in this game in PvP.
In that case he was unprepared or had no clue. It's like that in every game - you have no clue = you get beaten. I don't see why you whine about this.

Quote:

Actually my IQ is pretty high.(Not that you need a high IQ to be good in a game)Do i sometimes speak as i am the master of the univers, maybe yeah but dude it's only a game.It's alll about beeing the best right ?maybe not for you.
Right.... You completely failed to grasp what I wrote, but that was to be expected. What do you expect when you behave like an arrogant ****? That people will clap you for it?

Quote:
Yeah as i said i am playing something else if you had actually read my post.Gonna stick around for the weekly missions but thats about it.
Good riddance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-26-2011, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
.......................
If you are going to lie... can you at least do it convincingly...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-26-2011, 04:09 AM
There is nothing wrong with PvP Balance.
What there is something wrong with is the captains behind the controls.

And for Defiants to be OP they sure have a very very hard time popping my Cruiser, which more times than not they cant even do. :p
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:01 AM.