Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-26-2011, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
In that case he was unprepared or had no clue. It's like that in every game - you have no clue = you get beaten. I don't see why you whine about this.



Right.... You completely failed to grasp what I wrote, but that was to be expected. What do you expect when you behave like an arrogant ****? That people will clap you for it?



Good riddance.
You know what, i made a post in this thread to what OP was talking about.Not argue to someone like you who dont understand the basics of STO gameplay.And come with patetic personal attacks as a sad way do defend one self. So guess what Cletus, from now on your on my ignore list. Talk all you want i dont care.

Nedlatende mot ignorante skitunger må man av og til være dessverre.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-26-2011, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
You know what, i made a post in this thread to what OP was talking about.Not argue to someone like you who dont understand the basics of STO gameplay.And come with patetic personal attacks as a sad way do defend one self. So guess what Cletus, from now on your on my ignore list. Talk all you want i dont care.

Nedlatende mot ignorante skitunger må man av og til være dessverre.
And the culprit explodes in a huge ball of rage. Nice That will certainly help you argument your ideas.
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with PvP Balance.
What there is something wrong with is the captains behind the controls.

And for Defiants to be OP they sure have a very very hard time popping my Cruiser, which more times than not they cant even do.
Also, this. And I say that as a Defiant pilot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-26-2011, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
^ They know, but they aren't saying anything.



I agree, I don't want an experienced premade being defeated by a PuG. But it would be nice if they can be given more of a chance to live than ending a match with 0 kills. Or getting killed in less than 3 seconds.


Cryptic needs to make STO more "Star Trek" and less "Star Wars".

You end up with the same situation you get with task force missions, ppl respawn then just sit doing nothing, waiting for the fail...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-26-2011, 04:22 AM
I'm sorry but it says:This message is hidden because FarsightFrostwhisper is on your ignore list.

What did you say what what ? what was that ?Try again.Someone was talking about IQ?What ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-26-2011, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
I'm sorry but it says:This message is hidden because FarsightFrostwhisper is on your ignore list.

What did you say what what ? what was that ?Try again.Someone was talking about IQ?What ?
You do realize that I replied for the sake of people who will read this thread, not for you and by reacting like this, you make even bigger fool out of yourself in front of STO community?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-26-2011, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
You know what, i made a post in this thread to what OP was talking about.Not argue to someone like you who dont understand the basics of STO gameplay.And come with patetic personal attacks as a sad way do defend one self. So guess what Cletus, from now on your on my ignore list. Talk all you want i dont care.

Nedlatende mot ignorante skitunger må man av og til være dessverre.

Why when someone says ' this needs alittle balance' do you get a flood of lifers in the forums hijacking the thread ???

There seems to be the same hostility in the forums from the same individuals on nearly every post. It would seem to me that the general public isnt allowed an opinion on this game and is certainly NOT allowed to voice that opinion in the official forums for the game.

AND WHY, everytime that someone says 'xyz' needs to be looked at, do the same individuals tell the poster they 'need to learn to play' isnt this offensive to anyone else ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
Hey everyone,

let's say a friend challenged you to a 2v2 fight. You and your friend versus he and his friend - but you have a slight misunderstanding regarding the rules.

Version 1:
He basically wants to ban any combination of similiar ships (eg. cruiser + escort possible but 2 cruisers are not). His arguments are: balance, banning some "overpowered" combo's.

Version 2:
I disagree - there should be a freedom of choice and against every combo, there is some smart way how to play it, I also think, that banning 2x escort combo will hurt the escort pilot a lot, since in any other combination escorts are quite fragile. Haven't tried the "new" rules yet properly, tho.

Both sides know in advance, what the other team is flying. The "challenge" is FED VA only. Your thoughts?
so you want to change pvp, you're allowed to ask, we aren't...ummmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
Hey guys, I have a small question. There aren't many (negative) WTF moments I have experienced in STO, but today was definitely one of them. As a fed Defiant-refit flyer, I joined Kerrat battlespace for my daily emblem quest. I was flying quite quick, avoided mobs and captured two of the nodes. Much to my surprise, one guy (as was later visible from the score) captured everything else in the same amount of time as I captured those two nodes!
This happened (same guy) in 3 BG's in a row. How the hell did he do that?

(I assume the score is calculated from the captured objectives, not from damage done, since I was second and attacked only one hulk, everyone else was chasing Klingons)
ummm, you whinge about others being better than you or being able to do things faster, yet you are 1 of the first in shutting other people down asking for balance.

I would honestly suggest to you, if you can't help a thread with positive feedback in a constructive way, you shouldn't reply to posts at all. Trolling and hijacking threads to stop people doing exactly what you do in these forums is ironic.


I've been in pvp as fed against the 2 klink carriers and the 3 heg bops and swarms of npc ships, the hegs just uncloak unload and re-clock, while the carriers just tank and let the npcs and bops mop up.

Pleople start to respawn and just wait to be blown up, so your team is even further weakened, and why do i sometimes start pvp with only 3 in my team, is this due to the long waiting times that pvpers are now doing other things ?

maybe if pvp was alittle more balanced (im not sure how it would be or could be) more people would do it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-26-2011, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
I'm sorry but it says:This message is hidden because FarsightFrostwhisper is on your ignore list.

What did you say what what ? what was that ?Try again.Someone was talking about IQ?What ?
you do realise this message is hidden because this person is on ignore for being a dumba###, an thats aimed at tyyy. just because you play fps games doesnt in any way form or aspect make it so u totally understand mmo pvp at all. fps games are point an shoot run here run there, mmo pvp is the use of skills in specific situations debuffing the other person buffing yourself, buffing your team working as a team. cancceling specific buffs on a target where u stand, the list goes on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-26-2011, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
yadda yadda
I never said I want to change pvp. This is entirely private matter withing my guild. Nice necro tho. Same appies to the second post. I was concerned that the person in Kerrat is using hacks (and Kerrat IS a bugged zone, has nothing to do with pvp balance).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-26-2011, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post

Why is the cruiser the biggest healer most times? cos they have engineers driving them most the time, u know what engineers do right?
Why is the gameplay focused on NPC spam most of the times.its not
Why is most of the default settings in STO all wrong giving new players a bad start in space and ground.because they didnt bother to read the game manual or the helper section they are promted to read
Why is fed vs fed gameplay way more balanced the fed vs kdf ? i know the answear do you ?and why ?see above
Why does Cryptic completly ignore PvP and exploit fixes in STO(they reaaly do)trust me they dont
Why do STO a game based on war only have 1 PvP map with objectives.1st its not an 2nd its a good map
Why is the rewards for playing PvP in STO total crap compared to other MMO's out there?the rewards are fine and the main reward is the fun you get pvping
Why is that the shields and hull on a ship in PvP can go from a 100% to 0 in little over 1 second in STO?they dont
Why is it that a game based on war doesnt have a real war in it?becuase its not based on war
Why do most skills have the same duration I-III skills last 15 seconds etc, doesnt make any sense.they dont they start at 6 seconds an end at 14 seconds on most skills and its because you have more then one skill and are expected to know how to press more then one button without your head blowing up
Why is it that most of these issues one year after is not taken care of ?because they arnt issues and there all in your head

think that clears it up
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-26-2011, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
think that clears it up
Made me laugh, thank you
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:26 PM.