Lt. Commander
# 1 Retrofit Phaser Bank
02-25-2011, 10:23 PM
I have notice that the retrofit Forward Phaser Bank Mk XI shows 202 phaser damage (162 DPS) but the Retrofit Aft Phaser Bank Mk XI Shows 210 (168 DPS)
So my question is whats the difference there both Mk XI's why dont they put out the same damage.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBugHunter View Post
I have notice that the retrofit Forward Phaser Bank Mk XI shows 202 phaser damage (162 DPS) but the Retrofit Aft Phaser Bank Mk XI Shows 210 (168 DPS)
So my question is whats the difference there both Mk XI's why dont they put out the same damage.
the retrofit weapon is a scaling weapon. so it has more firepower then odd number wargear but less power then even number wargear.

so in this example, it has more then mark 11, but less then mark 12.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2011, 09:00 PM
They're not giving out scaling weapons any more.

Are you saying that if I went and played that mission now, that the rewards are Mk XI retrofit arrays, and that the rear one does more damage than the fore one? That's bizarre...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Strikes me as odd that they would make them specifically front/rear slot dependent...
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2011, 04:56 AM
Theoretically the items are "rare" and should have two item modifiers, should they not?

It is possible that the weapons have different modifiers, e.g. the Retrofit Aft Phaser Bank might be [DMG]x2 and the Retrofit Forward Phaser Bank has [ACC]x2 or something like that.

Or it could be an error.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-16-2011, 02:28 PM
I too had noticed the relative poor performance of the retrofit fwd phaser. If it is a toy then it is fine, but replay otion for a whole set of them - that should have properly balanced stats in relation to otherweapons in the class.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2011, 03:02 PM
If I remember correctly, they should have the same stats on them. It is correct that they are more advanced than the odd number, but lower than the even number of your rank (i.e. better than mk 7, but no mk 8). They are rare, but that means just that, they are rare. I know most weapons have 2 modifiers if they are blue/rare, but that's just a common theme, not a rule. They are good "BEAM ARRAY'S" to have because they level up with you, and if you use phasers, you won't have to buy a forward or rear phaser beam array for the rest of the game, or until you hit VA, when they're not as powerful as the other beam arrays available.