Lt. Commander
# 1 Serious Thalaron OP Issue
02-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Note this on a Cmd 3 Character running though the Romulan Space missions for the first time - not the weekly episode.

Today's Romulans are kicking our rear - in Normal setting. After my first insta wipe I am now smart enough to stay as far away from the Thalaron mines as possible, my BOs are not so smart - every time one comes out I lose at least 2 if not all 4 of my BOs.

I noticed in today's patch that BOs were suppose to be smart to this, but I don't think it's working, I see the mine drop, all my BOs scatter, but in their stupidity they wander right back into the mine area effect before the dust has settled and bam there goes most or all of my crew...

Help Devs... Give my BOs a longer term memory to remember to stay as far away from the green sky as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Ever thought of destroying the mine before it goes off...just sayin´.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2011, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Ever thought of destroying the mine before it goes off...just sayin´.
Easier said than done.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Yeah

All my BO's also watched the thelaron effect like moths near a fireball. Needless to say I had to justify my rank and get the job done on my own. In retrospect I should have made them hold position and try to target the drones and mines while they fired at random Romies. Not easy with so many effects at once turning the corridor into Club 49 in full swing, but I found that giving my BOs and myself AOE weapons produced enough damage overall to see the destroyed even if they were not targetted.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2011, 09:08 PM
I havent had this issue at all...

I have a sci cmdr 7, who just went through all the romulan missions yesterday and today. I just finished Shariens Swords and got the mission to head to Cardassian space.

The thalaron mines are lethal for certain, but I haven't had a problem keeping my crew away from them. I accidentally LED my BOs into a mine when I wasn't paying attention, but that was my own fault. Funny enough, out of my entire away team, only me and my tac officer survived, only because I was running full bore past the mine as it went off.

Actually, if ANYTHING, that stupid smoke bomb ability is far more aggrivating to me. While not lethal, it does make defeating the enemy/s a helluva lot more difficult. I always end up getting plasma grenaded and blasted all to hades while my BOs stand around scratching their asses. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2011, 08:22 AM
I found them quiter cool and engaging in a deadly sense.
Its not as if death is a huge determent in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2011, 09:23 AM
I love it how one can be revived when one's entire body has turned to inert ash. :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2011, 06:01 PM
after over spending a year with your BO's have you not yet figured out they have the mental capacity of goldfish? That also relates to their memory as well.

~D
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2011, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfcJOKER
Note this on a Cmd 3 Character running though the Romulan Space missions for the first time - not the weekly episode.

Today's Romulans are kicking our rear - in Normal setting. After my first insta wipe I am now smart enough to stay as far away from the Thalaron mines as possible, my BOs are not so smart - every time one comes out I lose at least 2 if not all 4 of my BOs.

I noticed in today's patch that BOs were suppose to be smart to this, but I don't think it's working, I see the mine drop, all my BOs scatter, but in their stupidity they wander right back into the mine area effect before the dust has settled and bam there goes most or all of my crew...

Help Devs... Give my BOs a longer term memory to remember to stay as far away from the green sky as possible.
Oh gawd this^

I 1st experienced this on a exploration mission on my toon, which I love to melee with. Just fighting then all the sudden my whole team is dead.

"What the heck happened?", I though...

Went searching through the combat tab before I saw "Thalaron mines".

These have to be the most gawd awful things in ground combat so why make them use-able by Romulans npcs?

Was that really necessary to add outside the episode?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2011, 07:00 AM
I ran into this also... and if I could actually control the BOs during combat to get them away from the mine that would be nice. But as it is I can set rally points as much as I want and they just ignore it and keep running all over the place like idiots.