Lt. Commander
# 1 delta flyer??
02-26-2011, 12:18 AM
ok i get that the delta flyer is fed but where is the varient version for kdf? im still waiting for a reason to buy cryptic points but as such i find none. you like to make money from both sides right and want to popualte both sides of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2011, 12:54 AM
Supply and demand.

Theres a significantly smaller playerbase (and there has been from day one, so no, it is not somthing that has happen over time because people left the KDF. It has been like this all the way), and as such the demand for KDF C-Store items is heavily less than that for the Feds.

Also, let's be honest here: There isn't that much reference material for the Klingons. If you look at it, Cryptic dosen't seem to capture the Klingon style when they use their own design, where they have tons and tonstons of reference material for the Feds.

Basically what I am saying is: Since there aren't, and never will be as many klingon players as there are federation players, my best geuss is that the Klingon content is being pushed a little aside, to ensure that thoose who actually bring the money into development, the Feds, have a somewhat steady flow of extras (not to confuse with content... cause it is only an extra).
At the same time you have to remember that seemingly the Klingons only had 1 shuttle (the one they "searched" in TNG) so a KDF shuttle would have to be designed from scratch... Wich takes time, if they want to capture the KDF spirit in the design.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2011, 01:19 AM
valid points but the fact that kdf stuff seems left behind its not exactly encouraging new players to the kdf side is it now. doing nothing will keep the status quo but doing something will improve the growth of kdf, and as kdf are now being taken seriously as a side with the ships that got pumped to rank 5's and the tutorial being created for kdf so players start as kdf stuff like this will promote kdf to not just the playerbase but people outside the playerbase.

and as for from scratch, take inspiration from others.,

http://www.artships.com/2007/sona-shuttle.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Na...ship_above.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Orion_scout_ship

and there are plenty of raiders that we use as pets that can be adapted as solo use shuttles.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2011, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
valid points but the fact that kdf stuff seems left behind its not exactly encouraging new players to the kdf side is it now. doing nothing will keep the status quo but doing something will improve the growth of kdf, and as kdf are now being taken seriously as a side with the ships that got pumped to rank 5's and the tutorial being created for kdf so players start as kdf stuff like this will promote kdf to not just the playerbase but people outside the playerbase.
If you ask me (and I am no kidding here) They should take the KDF, and rip it out of STO (now now... hear me out)...

Next they should sit down, and watch TNG and DS9, and then fully re-design the KDF from the bottom up.

Why you may ask? Answer is simple: The KDF are Thieves, Thugs and bullies... not an honorable species with a strong sence of honor and justice.

THAT is what Klingons are about, and that is what they impose on the people they conquer, so if they had in fact conqured the Gorn, Naussicans and joined forced with the Orions, they would impose that way of life upon them, not allow them to continue their way of life.

I have a KDF char, but I rarely play it, because everytime i go there, I am reminded of the abuse they've made on the Klingon faction.

Quote:
and as for from scratch, take inspiration from others.,

http://www.artships.com/2007/sona-shuttle.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Na...ship_above.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Orion_scout_ship

and there are plenty of raiders that we use as pets that can be adapted as solo use shuttles.
The first one is a discard. It is a Son'ar ship, and as such should be part of the True Way faction if anything.

The rest I agree on... Good observation there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2011, 02:15 AM
i can see the reason why u think the kdf should be discarded as such but on the other hand the side is perfect with the way its clobbered together, all the races in it are battle hardened warriors of one for or another, they all go down fighting an none rarly run from a fight.

if they expanded on the lore via pve missions specifically to the other races and factions in the kdf and this is never going to happen but gave the kdf there own space to explore that the feds could not ever enter with there own chains the feds cannot do the kdf side would grow immensly. the feds have alot of fans but lets face it, kdf are the bad guys an everyone wants tobe the bad guy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Perhaps its cuz they have the Toron which has similar stats as the Runabout and Delta Flyer, sans the extra BO.

And the payoff is too small. The amount of work for how much they are going to get may not be high enough.
They are prolly thinking, it is only for the smaller percentage of players on the KDF side and the small percentage of that small percentage that will buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2011, 03:14 PM
but in turn the smaller payout at min might be due to the fact there is less of a pull to play kdf, if they did make equivilant things for the kdf like uniforms stuff like that you wouldnt only be thinking in the realms active kdf playerbase and new people you could bring to sto but also with more choice how many feds would activily use a kdf char more for it being a pve alternative or a rp gameplay.

its a cat in a box situation until they actually try it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Quote:
but in turn the smaller payout at min might be due to the fact there is less of a pull to play kdf, if they did make equivilant things for the kdf like uniforms stuff like that you wouldnt only be thinking in the realms active kdf playerbase and new people you could bring to sto but also with more choice how many feds would activily use a kdf char more for it being a pve alternative or a rp gameplay.

its a cat in a box situation until they actually try it.
A couple more uniforms and a shuttle are not going to bring people to the KDF.

Until the PVE really gets brought up, it won't have these things. It's unfortunate but true
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
A couple more uniforms and a shuttle are not going to bring people to the KDF.

Until the PVE really gets brought up, it won't have these things. It's unfortunate but true
the point is would it hurt
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
If you ask me (and I am no kidding here) They should take the KDF, and rip it out of STO (now now... hear me out)...

Next they should sit down, and watch TNG and DS9, and then fully re-design the KDF from the bottom up.

Why you may ask? Answer is simple: The KDF are Thieves, Thugs and bullies... not an honorable species with a strong sence of honor and justice.

THAT is what Klingons are about, and that is what they impose on the people they conquer, so if they had in fact conqured the Gorn, Naussicans and joined forced with the Orions, they would impose that way of life upon them, not allow them to continue their way of life.

I have a KDF char, but I rarely play it, because everytime i go there, I am reminded of the abuse they've made on the Klingon faction.

The first one is a discard. It is a Son'ar ship, and as such should be part of the True Way faction if anything.

The rest I agree on... Good observation there.
ow just re read this, have to point one thing out, the only people that the klingons have conquered is the gorn, and that was after the war to clear the undine out of there race who were hiding in the council after the undine were cleared the klingons allowed self rule back to the gorn in exchange for an allience, the nausicaans fought with the gorn against the kdf but were never beaten and the kdf never came close to beating them, it was the gorn who organised treaty talks between the kdf and nausicaans and the nausicaans agreed to join the kdf to fight the federation and undine threat. the orions were never conquered by the kdf either. not a clue about lethens.