Lt. Commander
# 1 I love the new R&D, except...
02-26-2011, 12:46 AM
Some of the stuff we could build in the original system is no longer available. I noticed this with the Deflector Arrays. In the old system there was, iirc, 3 versions of each type of deflector for each rank. Now there is only 1 of each type for each rank and none of them fit for my my builds.

Don't get me wrong, I love all the new stuff we can build. I just thought, when I read the patch notes, that you added the new stuff without taking away any of the old stuff. Please, add the items you took away.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2011, 06:41 AM
I wonder if they're considering adding a different location to the game for crafting. This is maybe why we're now limited at memory alpha (and possibly Qo'nos, I haven't crafted there yet).

Hmmmmm....

I'm going to ask the question on the March Ask Cryptic thread.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2011, 07:13 AM
I also miss some of the old craftable Items I loved using the rare Plasma ship weapons, up until the Captain rank. That was the first thing I noticed missing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2011, 07:25 AM
I kind of wish they would implement a system that allowed us to make things as they are now, but then acquire different materials using all of those lower tier marks and medals to alter the items we've already crafted. Maybe we could create the Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons MK XI [Acc] [Dmg]x2 and then alter them to be Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons MK XI [Acc]x3, for example.

The new system is great, but making things more customizable would be kind of nice.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
Some of the stuff we could build in the original system is no longer available. I noticed this with the Deflector Arrays. In the old system there was, iirc, 3 versions of each type of deflector for each rank. Now there is only 1 of each type for each rank and none of them fit for my my builds.

Don't get me wrong, I love all the new stuff we can build. I just thought, when I read the patch notes, that you added the new stuff without taking away any of the old stuff. Please, add the items you took away.
I think in one of the ask Cryptic Dah mentioned they were looking at adding crafting to your ship's interrior.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2011, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannlore View Post
I think in one of the ask Cryptic Dah mentioned they were looking at adding crafting to your ship's interrior.
Yes, I saw that. Failing that, at least let us craft at every major starbase.