Lt. Commander
# 11
02-27-2011, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoduck360
Abigale mentioned that they are working to be able to have people transfer, so that's good news.

Tonight I only had a 25 minute wait. Woot!!

On a side note we had our first impromtu PvP event. A bunch of guardians decided to announce themselves at the gates of Meridian. It was fun.

Chalk one up for the Defiant.

GO GO GOOD TEAM!!
Darn I missed it!!

FOR THE DEFIANTS!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-27-2011, 02:23 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only defiant.

I like that there's an non-believer faction in a high-fantasy setting (i.e. they use tech as a rejection of gods, etc.).

Gear variety is a little underwhelming at time (i just got my level 19+ set and it's the same cuirass as my level 14-15 set). Fortunately, the dye system solves many of these issues.

What builds are you guys?

I rolled a Reaver/Warlord/Void Knight with my second soul being Paladin/Warlord/Beastmaster
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-27-2011, 03:21 AM
I am enjoying both Rift and STO, switching from one to the other depending on the daily-mood. They are two very entertaining games.

Rift team has added a very convenient server status page on the main website. They even give you the exact length of the waiting queues. I must say Rift is certainly the most polished MMO I have ever played from launch.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-27-2011, 06:51 AM
Rift is better than STO in several ways... but its linear. Which I hate. I hated it in Warhammer too. The character animations are better, the customization is lacking somewhat. The player characters look nothing like the NPCs of the same race... which has irked me since beta 1.

If only Cryptic could change the female characters in STO so they have a sexier walk... or give us the option so we can have either the current walk, or the... you know, the one from Champions.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Glad to see I'm not the only defiant.

I like that there's an non-believer faction in a high-fantasy setting (i.e. they use tech as a rejection of gods, etc.).

Gear variety is a little underwhelming at time (i just got my level 19+ set and it's the same cuirass as my level 14-15 set). Fortunately, the dye system solves many of these issues.

What builds are you guys?

I rolled a Reaver/Warlord/Void Knight with my second soul being Paladin/Warlord/Beastmaster
I really like the dye system, it is a saving grace of the lack of gear variety. I do like that armor looks like armor and not a bodysuit like in wow though.

My warrior is running a Riftblade/Champion build. Our guild has some really great tanks so I am going to focus on DPS with him, but I like that I can always switch on the fly to a tank spec if needed.

I have two specs planned for my rogue one for mostly Leveling and lower level grouping, and one for Raiding and higher level dungeons.

I'm digging it. A lot.

Bonus: Faeblight doesn't have a queue this morning. Yay!

Lt. Commander
# 16
02-28-2011, 06:53 PM
The queues are getting better, still pretty high at Primetime but they will get better!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Rift actually looks pretty good. From what I've seen, it reminds me of some crazy hybrid of Guild Wars and WoW. I'd pick it up, but I already have far too many games on my plate. I was never a big fan of WoW-style MMO's, and that's the only thing keeping me from dropping one of the games I'm playing now and giving Rift a try.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Euphemia on Shadefallen. Loving the hell out of it, so far.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegir View Post
The queues are getting better, still pretty high at Primetime but they will get better!
I must be lucky. I haven't had a queue since the morning of the headstart.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Nekhara, Aisling, Aelwen and Magda are my characters on Estrael. Its a nice little server, the gold-spammers arent as rambunctious as they are on Fae apparently.

No ques either. Hope it stays that way tomorrow...

Oh yeah, Nekhara got a server-first tonite. A blue wand in her first four levels. First time I ever got a first in any game.