Lt. Commander
# 21
02-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegir View Post
And since I dislike the C-Store, Rift doesn't have that. Don't get me wrong, I love STO but when I logged on today and see an open jacket uniform and a melee weapon in the C-Store I get a little peeved. With a small company like Trion I only have to pay $14.99 a month (or $11.99 a month before March 15th as a founder price which ANYONE can get right now aslong as itís before Match 15th) and I get ALL the patches/content for that monthly subscription!

Don't worry, micro-transactions will be available for this game, it's inevitable.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Yeah Im sure they will have server transfers and name changes and whatnot at some point... whether or not they startt selling the pre-order items in a cash shop is unknown yet. But I wont say they wont do it either.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Nekhara, Aisling, Aelwen and Magda are my characters on Estrael. Its a nice little server, the gold-spammers arent as rambunctious as they are on Fae apparently.

No ques either. Hope it stays that way tomorrow...

Oh yeah, Nekhara got a server-first tonite. A blue wand in her first four levels. First time I ever got a first in any game.
Congrats!

Lt. Commander
# 24
03-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Our server was virtually all people who hated the queues.

Deepwood is nice: even if the jokes about the server name never get old.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
Don't worry, micro-transactions will be available for this game, it's inevitable.
IF that is true, it will be kept to a minimum like WoW. People do not like MT's.

I remember all the people saying at the start of STO how MT's are the future and game companies (especially smaller ones like Cryptic and Trion) and need them to keep a game running and content coming.
You can play Rift for $10 a month if you start with the founders price. People have said that $14.99 a month plus MTís keep the game running and content coming. So we shall see if Rift can stay afloat without them (I am betting they can!)

I think Trion just showed all those people that this is not true. Here you have a smaller company that is going to do well without MT's.
Also I am biased when it comes to the C-store because I hate it so much!
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-02-2011, 11:07 PM
... I purchased it via Steam a few days back, and it is realy-realy good. I'll be playing STO for the Featured Episodes in weekends but unless there is some more substantial playable content poping up ... I'll be spending my nights in Rift.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegir View Post
I think Trion just showed all those people that this is not true. Here you have a smaller company that is going to do well without MT's.
The game just officially started two days ago (not including beta and head start). It's a little early to make such a claim. If most-to-all of the players from the start are there after the first month, that's a good sign. I they're there after 6 months -1 year, that's a great sign. Until then, people can just hope for the best. It might end up on the Age of Conan/Warhammer Online pile (some good ideas poorly or incompletely executed) after a year, eking out a living on its tiny wedge of the MMO pie.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.R.O.P.H.E.T.
The game just officially started two days ago (not including beta and head start). It's a little early to make such a claim. If most-to-all of the players from the start are there after the first month, that's a good sign. I they're there after 6 months -1 year, that's a great sign. Until then, people can just hope for the best. It might end up on the Age of Conan/Warhammer Online pile (some good ideas poorly or incompletely executed) after a year, eking out a living on its tiny wedge of the MMO pie.
I agree but...

.... to Trion's credit, the lows in Rifts are a lot better than the lows in ***/WAR. The game's really polished compared to the launches I've seen over the past few years.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I agree but...

.... to Trion's credit, the lows in Rifts are a lot better than the lows in ***/WAR. The game's really polished compared to the launches I've seen over the past few years.
Yes, I have heard that Rift's launch is incredibly polished and smooth, which is a good sign. I might try it at some point (several RL friends are trying it and most of my WAR guildmates are moving to it).
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-05-2011, 02:48 AM
First bad experience and totally not trion's fault.

I entered a dungeon tonight as the tank (I'm level 25, it was in the 20ish zone). Our healer is level 41; our off tank/dps is level 31!

TL;DR I get blamed for "aggro management" while 2/5 of the party is 6-16 levels higher :p