Lt. Commander
I love the effect that the shields give on your ship. I also know that before these shields came along only the borg and Aegis sets were able to change the appearance of your ship. So my question is simple, are the Reman Shields going to be part of a set like Aegis or the Borg sets, or is it just a stand alone neat little trick?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
I love the effect that the shields give on your ship. I also know that before these shields came along only the borg and Aegis sets were able to change the appearance of your ship. So my question is simple, are the Reman Shields going to be part of a set like Aegis or the Borg sets, or is it just a stand alone neat little trick?
Barring someone getting the idea of doing up a 'Reman Prototype' set in the future, I think it's just a one-off.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Is it me, or when equipping these shields it gives your hull a blue/green/purple metallic sheen now? I think it looks great!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlordskull View Post
Is it me, or when equipping these shields it gives your hull a blue/green/purple metallic sheen now? I think it looks great!
Half the reason I like it is the pearlescent hull texture. The green shiny is a bonus ^.^
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlordskull View Post
Seems to depend on the ship. My Nebula looks the way you describe, but my KDF toon's Raptor looks like it has been coated with pewter; it's a very cool look.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
I'd guess not a set since there's no set bonuses listed on the item.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Would anyone be so kind as to post a picture?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2011, 08:29 PM
I would like to see this as part of a Set....... it just has a certain look not found in game atm.

It would also call into question why not make the resilient, regen and shield arrays part of a set utilizing the other 3 deflectors and engines akin to the Aegis set. Being craftable and competeable with the Aegis, but obviously different Stats.
As for this reman shield, it would be cool nonetheless if it would be 'adapted' into a set piece and usable in the season 4 time frame. Still it is a nice effect.