Lt. Commander
# 11
02-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stararmy View Post
Overall, I had a great time. But it DID make me want an in-game calculator lol.
That's an excellent candidate for a minigame-style interface, since these puzzles are likely to appear frequently in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I looked at the consoles, but don't recall it really revealing he was a double agent.
That reveal only happens at the end anyway You weren't supposed to glean that info from the consoles as far as I'm aware.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Loved it. Best episode in the game so far!

Could have done with a ready-room chat with T'nae over subspace, but other than that worked great.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-26-2011, 02:22 PM
I haven't finished it yet. The Desert portion has been just a littlle frustrating. Slamek wants a place to rest and I certainly can not find the right spot. Without giving away too much, I have searched from the pipe to the "cave". No luck.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-26-2011, 02:36 PM
I added this to my OP, but noticed this my second time around (while in a team and not solo).

I just think it's odd that the Engineer does the hunting, while the Tactical gathers firewood. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I just think it's odd that the Engineer does the hunting, while the Tactical gathers firewood. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Personally, I don't see how division has anything to do with gathering water, firewood, or hunting.

Gather water in a gourd? yeah, good thing I have an advanced degree in Science from Starfleet Academy. Because only me or a ten year old boyscout could have figured THAT out.

I'd have liked to see an Engineer fix the communication device so you beam up at the last minute, the tactical officer manage to fight the Romulan centurians, and the science officer acitvate the gateway so that you walk through onto your bridge.

That'd be more like it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
Personally, I don't see how division has anything to do with gathering water, firewood, or hunting.

Gather water in a gourd? yeah, good thing I have an advanced degree in Science from Starfleet Academy. Because only me or a ten year old boyscout could have figured THAT out.

I'd have liked to see an Engineer fix the communication device so you beam up at the last minute, the tactical officer manage to fight the Romulan centurians, and the science officer acitvate the gateway so that you walk through onto your bridge.

That'd be more like it.
True, but for the campire, I think the Tactical Captain is more suited to hunt things.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruug View Post
I haven't finished it yet. The Desert portion has been just a littlle frustrating. Slamek wants a place to rest and I certainly can not find the right spot. Without giving away too much, I have searched from the pipe to the "cave". No luck.
There are mission markers on your map, they are just very hard to see. Zoom in all the way on the big map and you should find them.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-26-2011, 02:53 PM
if i should put what i think about this episode 1 one word it would be: EXHAUSTING!

i spend arround 2 hours on it.
that was no Episode, that was a friggen Movie!

the whole first part was strange.

first my ship gets trapped, i spend an eternity on that station reading through stuff only to be confronted by... MATH? omg... nooo! *used bruteforce attack to get the codes, to lazy to think and half of the stuff i do not understand anyway*

*so that part is over, OK this is clearly the *diplomatic / non combat mission* of the Series beam out and expected a short ending....* oh boy was i wrong! Realy i had allready forgotten about all the ground combat weapon spoilers.

wait... where am i?... oooh... OOOOH now i get it.

i was able to get the weapon behind the force field before i left the room, just hang arround a little the force field will go down and up after a while.

so i got 2 new swords... nice.

Worms... k fun check.
the 3 guards that i released did just stand there doing nothing... hmm ok whatever.

and now it's over when i go through that big door....
OOOOOH WRONG AGAIN!...
jeez....

of course i did ran right past the first objective to hide in the rocks to the right, did kill all the critters... then ran back to trigger that part.... made that long annoying flower picking section.... only to get a quest then to kill Warriguls which i allready have killed.

OK... crap what now? I'm trapped on the planet and can't drop the mission because i can't beam out...
oh WAIT! i CAN beam out.... oh.... oooooh... yeah ok beamed out and right down again and did not even have to wait half an hour for the instance to reset

then did the rest ....

i guess next time i will need half an hour but the first time 2 hours was realy exhausting.

ok uhm the Voice Over from the other prisoner (cant remember the name) pretty much SUCKED.... either let him talk the whole text or let me read in silence but NEVER do those one line thingys again...
that only says to me:
"yeah we can do it ...but... not right now.... to much text... better things to do... bye... have fun reading that book the text guys wrote for you..." ...and boy that guy had a lot of text.

The last videosequence... i am not realy happy how it cut of the NOOOOOOOO from Hakeev, but it was so forseeable that my Captain beams out ....

my only question is, i found a damn Iconian Portal on the Planet, used by the Tal'Shier....
...first reaction when i'm back on the Ship: Mr. Worf-equivalent, ready Tricobalt Torpedos and FIRE!
Hmm... i guess not then...

k... Hail Starfleet, talk to Obisek... get a very GREEN glowing Mk VI Shield that my Cmdr. 9 can drop in 2 levels because it does not scale.... *yay*

recap: long exhausting GOOD mission with a lot of Epicness but a few missleading triggers, some useless math puzzle and no scaling loot and no proper Voice Over for the most important char of the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellsarius
Thats the whole point you are prisoner with no tricorder to help you navigate the desert.
The only problem is they say "that rock formation" to take cover, I can only find two before hitting the invis. walls, and neither of them are right. (one is an arch, and the other is a cave at the far end of the map)