Lt. Commander
# 11
02-26-2011, 04:33 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the idea to do the weekly series missions was pure gold.

This week's was awesome and I think it's my new favorite mission in STO. Cryptic, you really out did yourselves with this one as far as I'm concerned.

GOOD JOB!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-26-2011, 09:32 PM
This is why i play star trek and the music.....oh god i hat a Nerdgasm it was freaking epic
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Fun mission and the Voice acting has improved, especially Hakeev.

Lt. Commander
# 14
02-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
Fun mission and the Voice acting has improved, especially Hakeev.

I agree - Hakeev sounded much better this week. The audio team has been knocking it out of the park lately.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman653 View Post
I hope they turn the arena into a PvP map with the same rules, melee only combat
That would be nice.

I have the idea and I'm voting yes on Proposition STO-91.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I agree - Hakeev sounded much better this week. The audio team has been knocking it out of the park lately.
What would have made the end of the episode much much better, is a cut-scene of one of your BOs feverishly working at the transporter controls with a little dialogue with one of your other BOFFs on the bridge saying something about locking onto his signal. Then you say something to Hakeev, like he will never get away with it, and beam out onto your transporter pad with the final cut-scene of your BOFF say, "I have him", switches to a BOFF on your bridge that says, "Let's get out of here" and your ship warps out.

Just saying the ending was kind of poof.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
What would have made the end of the episode much much better, is a cut-scene of one of your BOs feverishly working at the transporter controls with a little dialogue with one of your other BOFFs on the bridge saying something about locking onto his signal. Then you say something to Hakeev, like he will never get away with it, and beam out onto your transporter pad with the final cut-scene of your BOFF say, "I have him", switches to a BOFF on your bridge that says, "Let's get out of here" and your ship warps out.

Just saying the ending was kind of poof.
Problem with that is, our characters and BOs wouldn't have been voiced, and IMO a cutscene mixed between voiced characters and non-voiced characters would have felt very strange. Given that fact, I think it's fine the way it is ( although I agree that a shot of the ship warping away at the end would have been neat.)
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Is there any official reason why Obiesk sounds different now than he did in the first 2 episodes? He originally had a distortion to his voice(sort of like the Remans in Nemesis), whereas now he just sounds like a normal guy with a deep voice.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Is there any official reason why Obiesk sounds different now than he did in the first 2 episodes? He originally had a distortion to his voice(sort of like the Remans in Nemesis), whereas now he just sounds like a normal guy with a deep voice.
He's an Undine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....er.....maybe not. That would be one plot twist too many this series....lol.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-27-2011, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
His delivery is slightly different. He used more beats (like a short pause) during the first set of dialogue but now that he's befriended us, his speech pattern has changed. Men and women do this with strangers vs. friends all the time.

When we met him, he wanted to intimidate us - we were intruders in an armed ship. When I started this mission, I was on his side and a semi-trusted ally (enough that he'd let me destroy the weapons, if I saved his people).

I'd chalk it up to an evolving relationship with him (from being threatened by us to needing our help) and slightly better direction.