Lt. Commander
# 1 Reman Shield vs Combat Engine
02-26-2011, 11:48 PM
Did anyone else decide to take the Combat Engine over the Reman Shield? The shield I had was about the same(slightly more shield and slightly less regen: [Paratrinic Shield Array Mk IV]) and the engine was actually a better upgrade for me ([Combat Impulse Engines Mk III [Spd] [Turn]]).
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2011, 12:47 AM
I'm still wondering where this engine is coming from.

My choices were the Reman shields or two blue personal shields (Cap x2 or Reg x2).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoduck360
I'm still wondering where this engine is coming from.

My choices were the Reman shields or two blue personal shields (Cap x2 or Reg x2).
???

What level did you play it at?

For VA-Level characters, the rewards are the Reman Shield, a Resilient Shield Mk XI [Pla][Tet], and Combat Impulse Engine Mk XI [Full][Turn]
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykey1982 View Post
Did anyone else decide to take the Combat Engine over the Reman Shield? The shield I had was about the same(slightly more shield and slightly less regen: [Paratrinic Shield Array Mk IV]) and the engine was actually a better upgrade for me ([Combat Impulse Engines Mk III [Spd] [Turn]]).
The Reman shield gives a cool effect look over your entire ship to look more Reman, and if you seriously want the engine I'd say replay it, take the shield first time around.

Not to mention you will be able to replay it and keep that reman shield your entire trek and get xp for doing it.