Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
(... I hope I didn't miss any of ya.)

I wanted to send a special THANKS to all of the various Cryptic folks that stopped by STOked's live playthru and review of "Coliseum" today.

I'm NOT thanking you from a "we're neat, we got devs to watch" standpoint, but simply because it again proves your dedication to the fans and community of this game. As a player - and not just a podcaster - I truly appreciate seeing you take a personal interest in tuning in to watch this type of player-ran event on your own time, when there is no impetus to do so beyond your own pride in your work.

Plenty of others here have shared their own thoughts on the episode itself, so I'll spare those details in this thread. Suffice it to say: Keep up the great work!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Hear hear!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2011, 04:14 PM
that is pretty awesome of them.

BTW, is there anyway Stoked can come out on mondays? I always miss it on saturdays and I can never watch on tuesdays until 10:00 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2011, 04:14 PM
I really like that over the last few weeks they've been watching the STOked live stream while the STOked crew runs the Featured Episode at 11 AM every Saturday.

In addition to interacting with the community in the chat room, it allows them to see how players actually play the game. See and hear actual players react to the things they actually encounter as they're playing.

I think that this will help them to create better missions and it shows that they really care about that and about the community.

I too would like to add my thanks: Good Work STO Devs!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2011, 05:36 PM
I have missed the live stream of Stoked for the last few weeks but I'm super impressed with the Devs for tuning in to watch a group of real players to get instant input/feedback. We know that they read the forums and whatnot, but to actually take time to sit, not hide behind anonymity and watch a no-holds barred review... that says "I'm serious about my dedication to this game and I want to do everything I can to make it succeed.

The featured episodes continue to get better and better with each series and all of this goes a long way to reaffirm my choice to purchase a lifetime membership back at launch.

Also speaks volumes as to the superb job the guys of at Stoked are doing as well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Yes i must say i'm impressed by the fact STOked is watched by Cryptic crew on there free " " time. proofs dedication to a game i never seen other devs do !!
Thx for the great episode and interest in STOked.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah that was really cool of them.
I had my own issues with the new content like the J man I ran all the way to the other end of the map. And then the guy disappeared on me.
But it was cool of them and Gozer telling Chris to choose the shields.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2011, 07:10 PM
I do think it is nice to see them in the chat room. This also can help them see first hand what the players think of the mission and find out what people like and did not like so they can do better missions in up coming weekly's.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks to the devs for showing up! Its great seeing you guys there and it was fun having Stahl there getting us excited minutes before the mission was up! I hope you guys can show up again!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-27-2011, 03:49 AM
Yes. Thanks guys for stopping by!
It's always nice to know that the Devs and the Community have a great relationship and that they care about the players views.
Also I'm going to be the millionth person to say this but the mission was so just AWESOME.
It was so well done, the story (plus the twist), the details, the reward was just amazing/ *insert a better word*.
I understand people who have negative reaction to all the running about, however, that's the the mission entailed. You're stranded, and need to scavenge to survive - Yes running about is a little annoying, but think of the time and effort that went into making the landscape and stuff.

Also Thanks to the guys on STOked for another great show and the others who were in the community feedback!

I had a blast!

Hope all you folks on Star Trek Online will have a great day!