Lt. Commander
# 1 Polish this game up!!
02-27-2011, 05:54 AM
Can we please please get a fix for this, its been like this since the introduction of ship interiors and its, well its embarasing!: http://img694.imageshack.us/i/bugad.jpg/
I had a mate of mine come around to have a look at STO the other day and its little things like this that make the game seem sloppy!

Beards turning black when beaming out, crew stuck in the ceiling or butting the walls, beaming out from your bridge when leaving the interior, ESD looking like a zoo with Admirals running around with their pet ***** cat in tow, or Hortas or Targs! I could go on!

And yes the above bugs have been reported over and over again to no avail!
Treat this game with a bit of respect please, its over a year old now, this sort of crap should have been dealt with!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2011, 06:15 AM
In all fairness, the devs have squashed a huge number of important bugs. While I do agree that minor things like this should be fixed, they aren't game breaking.

Oh and everyone running around with their pets isn't a bug :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2011, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post

heh, it should be though. I am fine with people collecting pets but they should be kept off ESD. Let them stay on the Captain's ship or when the Captain is in a mission or other social zones (Andoria, Vulcan, Risa). If people are going to bring something in ESD, I would rather it be one of their bridge officers and not a targ!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2011, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854
Can we please please get a fix for this, its been like this since the introduction of ship interiors and its, well its embarasing!: http://img694.imageshack.us/i/bugad.jpg/
I had a mate of mine come around to have a look at STO the other day and its little things like this that make the game seem sloppy!

Beards turning black when beaming out, crew stuck in the ceiling or butting the walls, beaming out from your bridge when leaving the interior, ESD looking like a zoo with Admirals running around with their pet ***** cat in tow, or Hortas or Targs! I could go on!

And yes the above bugs have been reported over and over again to no avail!
Treat this game with a bit of respect please, its over a year old now, this sort of crap should have been dealt with!

Have to agree, I had to pay to change my hair style to stop it all turning black on beam out, I've been doing 'lets play' videos on games for youtube, I've been wanting to do 1 for a federation character and a klingon 1, but I'm not going to even start when the graphics are so glitchy.

My personal top hate of all of these is the ground combat, half the time you dont fire but ya get a cool down, its like you have to wait a few secs after the cooldown has finished to make sure your weapon actually fires, even when using the auto ground fire, its still the same maybe 30-40% of the time you dont fire anything yet use the skill lol

Well if you want something that feels like Star Trek, STO isnt it, Star trek didnt even have money, we have several types, looool
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
In all fairness, the devs have squashed a huge number of important bugs. While I do agree that minor things like this should be fixed, they aren't game breaking.

Yes, they are IMO. They are breaking the games rep in the market, and giving it a real bad name, undeserved I might add.

I dont find them minor at all. The games rep is in the toilet. It deserves a chance to get the proper accolades it deserves, and this type of stuff all but prevents that.

Just my opinion of course.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptNebuchadnezzar
Yes, they are IMO. They are breaking the games rep in the market, and giving it a real bad name, undeserved I might add.

I dont find them minor at all. The games rep is in the toilet. It deserves a chance to get the proper accolades it deserves, and this type of stuff all but prevents that.

pets were a part of star trek, i know of a couple off-hand, so IMO they do belong in game,
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK-187
pets were a part of star trek, i know of a couple off-hand, so IMO they do belong in game,
I should have made it clear, I didnt mean the pets. I actually like the pets and think they are fine.

Im talking about glaring beta bugs that speak to design quality. IMO it is ridiculous that crewman still dive off the walkways and crew still stuck in walls. We still beam into bridges. Sounds and animations trigger wrong.

Quality effects rep. An d this game is hurting in both, frankly. Its a great game....but you woudnt know it because of the bugs.

Just my narrow viewpoint....and my opinion means next to nothing. So take it as you will.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrott View Post
heh, it should be though. I am fine with people collecting pets but they should be kept off ESD. Let them stay on the Captain's ship or when the Captain is in a mission or other social zones (Andoria, Vulcan, Risa). If people are going to bring something in ESD, I would rather it be one of their bridge officers and not a targ!
lol the way I see it, this is an MMO. I understand the purpose of wanting to feel immersed in the actual Star Trek universe, but lets face it, there are a lot more things that break the immersion besides pets, this is a game after-all, not Starfleet or the KDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptNebuchadnezzar

A lot of the bad rep comes from the game's release. STO was just named best new MMO of 2010 by Massive Online Gamer. I can personally attest to the fact that this game is 100 times better than it was a year ago. I think we need to define "game breaking". In my opinion if a bug breaks the game then either you cannot play it at all, or you need to exit the game then go back in order to continue. Lets face it, a NPC stuck in the wall doesn't cause either of those to happen, nor does pets following players around. Game breaking, and immersion breaking are different things.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-27-2011, 06:44 AM
My only real complaint is beaming off your bridge. Where the heck am I beaming too? SPACE?!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Pretty nasty spyware in that link by the way. I wouldn't use them for image hosting anymore.