Lt. Commander
I found an interesting ship in the debris field near the station in the new featured episode. It is clearly Federation, but not one I have seen in the game before.

Underside
Front
Side
Aft

At first I thought it was one of the Galaxy-kin, but closer inspection made me suspicious so I snapped those screenshots and after the mission looked at the variations on the Galaxy in the ship designer. I don't think it is any of those designs. The hull for one is too short. Nor do any nacelle variants fit like the ones in the screenshot do.

Second thought was Ambassador, but the pylons are all wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Old.

That would be the model for the old Perpetual Excalibur-class. It's also seen derelict in several DSE instances and has been around literally since the game came out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Old.

That would be the model for the old Perpetual Excalibur-class. It's also seen derelict in several DSE instances and has been around literally since the game came out.
Well that explains it. I never play those.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2011, 08:41 PM
It's one of Cryptic's debris ships.

Here is a pic:

In a mockup of the UI

Concept Art

Most people think its a subtle jab at the former STO Developers (Perpretual), I have to agree.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Yeah, it was one of the things Cryptic got from Perpetual. I think Cryptic actually made the model, you can see it flying around in the background in that old first trailer they made. I think Perpetual intended this class to represent the Enterprise-F in their game. The design isn't bad though, I wonder why they removed it.

Original concept art EDIT: (oop, took too long to post :p )

Old Trailer (a few other ships in there that didn't make it too)

Have you ever paid attention to the ship hologram in ESD? It isn't any where else in the game either, though the pylons are available in one of the Sovereign variants.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Perpetual's Excelsior model makes me think of a chihuahua scooting its but across the floor...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Anyone else find it amusing that Cryptic put a PE design in the game as a scrap heap?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2011, 09:23 PM
speaking of all ships, I kinda wish we could get that mission pod that attaches between the Noble class's nacelles as seen in the old NX-91001 shots on the STO site WAY back in the day.

Now that I think of it, wasn't that mentioned as being part of the Enterprise-E's more recent refits?

On another note: are we EVER going to see the "modern day" Enterprise E before she's retired for the up coming Enterprise F?