Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
posses the question how this is a starter bundle, maybe rename it 500 day vet reward an you got it but a starter reward states its for starters as it does sound like a good reward for a 500 day vet who might want to go through the game again either for the fun of it or to help someone they brought to the game.
It would be good if it was the 500 day vet or 600 day vet
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Do you think it should include C-Store items, all new items, or just some in game uncommon, rare etc. ?
They could put a very rare or rare rank up kits in the c-store
Or & a uncommon version that is a in game vet reward
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street3
They could put a very rare or rare rank up kits in the c-store
Or & a uncommon version that is a in game vet reward
I'm against them putting items in the C-Store, especially anything more than common or uncommon.
I don't think people should be able to pay for massive advantages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
posses the question how this is a starter bundle, maybe rename it 500 day vet reward an you got it but a starter reward states its for starters as it does sound like a good reward for a 500 day vet who might want to go through the game again either for the fun of it or to help someone they brought to the game.
I renamed them Leveling Starter bundles but I can;t rename the thread title.

I'm envisioning a way for long term players to have a slightly easier time with leveling up new toons. That way it encourages players to start more toons.

And as a reward for players who are long term or heavy suppporters.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I respect your opinion, but I disagree.
This, in response to this entire thread.

You want handouts just because you've been here a while? You get them already in the form of Veteran Awards. You want handouts because you have a ton of characters? Why, what makes you so special by having 15 characters? The only one I find valid is having X characters at X rank, like if someone had three characters at VA. Though considering how far people will grind, it probably wouldn't take long for people to farm those rewards as well, and would make them worthless once more.

Right now, I'd care less about a starter bundle for people who have been here this long and more about the game polish, Featured Episode content, the ground combat revamps, STF overhauls, DSE/exploration replacements and the introduction of the Ambassador, Oberth and MVAM mode for Prommies. That's what's going to keep me playing, the actual game content, not a bunch of goodies my character just 'magically' inherits upon creation because of some flag on my account.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reon View Post
This is a good idea the first 2 ranks are kind of boring imo, most of the real action doesnt start until Commander Tribble with Klingons! So I agree, this would help out people get into some real action and start fighting that much sooner.
I have to agree, I don't know how many times I've flown through the Lt.-LtCmdr content thinking: "gee I can't wait untill commander" I've probably done it about six times already. I know the missions like the back of my hand yet I don't know the more endgame missions as well, the ones I really want to be playing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjay29 View Post
This, in response to this entire thread.

You want handouts just because you've been here a while? You get them already in the form of Veteran Awards. You want handouts because you have a ton of characters? Why, what makes you so special by having 15 characters? The only one I find valid is having X characters at X rank, like if someone had three characters at VA. Though considering how far people will grind, it probably wouldn't take long for people to farm those rewards as well, and would make them worthless once more.
My first suggestion was this be the 500 Day Vet Reward. I only mentioned the other ones because an alternate way for dedicated people who have been here less time would probably make those people pretty happy.

The rewards would be unique bound rewards (unfarmable).
Secondly, they have acknowledged that leveling new toons is cruddy and this is a way to make it slightly funner and easier.

Thirdly, what makes you special for having 15 characters? The fact that you are dedicated to the game. Thats what this is, to reward dedication and make it easier to be dedicated.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjay29 View Post
Right now, I'd care less about a starter bundle for people who have been here this long and more about the game polish, Featured Episode content, the ground combat revamps, STF overhauls, DSE/exploration replacements and the introduction of the Ambassador, Oberth and MVAM mode for Prommies. That's what's going to keep me playing, the actual game content, not a bunch of goodies my character just 'magically' inherits upon creation because of some flag on my account.
Obviously, I think those things take priority, but this would be something nice when they get around to it.
To encourage people to level more characters, thus invest more time in game, and put more money into the game.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavin_Prime View Post
I have to agree, I don't know how many times I've flown through the Lt.-LtCmdr content thinking: "gee I can't wait untill commander" I've probably done it about six times already. I know the missions like the back of my hand yet I don't know the more endgame missions as well, the ones I really want to be playing.
Thanks, this is precisely what I was thinking.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-28-2011, 03:48 AM
With all the char I've used all the kits & I keep getting the same kits every time.

I take my Science Officers I keep getting Medical kits but it takes time to get a MK II at Lt if I don't buy or craft 1 with 1 of my 3 VA's then send it.

The kits would lvl with you char but at Lt yes it would an advantage if it had 2 or 3 kit skills (for PvP ground it would be an advantage) but it would be on par with Lt Commander MK IV kits.

I don't PvP ground & my 2 KDF char's are only Lt 8 & Lt Commander 8.I think it would help players lvl there KDF char up a little bit faster.

(I do play my VA's to do dailys & STF's but I've only done all the STF's once before the Borg set came out & working on getting my Borg set.I just don't like having to play a mission for almost 3hrs or longer.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
03-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
The rewards would be unique bound rewards (unfarmable).
No, because then you have half the populace grumbling that they don't like them and want to sell them instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Secondly, they have acknowledged that leveling new toons is cruddy and this is a way to make it slightly funner and easier.
I've got a better way. Improve the actual content. What's cruddy is playing those patrol missions that have you killing 5 groups of mobs, then doing it all over again for the next system. And the DSEs that are getting taken over by RA's and VA's, causing explosions en masse to lower level players who can't shoulder a hit from a level 51 BoP. What's cruddy is the missions which have a good intent, but are often mob-spammy and repetitive. There's barely any Trek in the storyline missions, and that's making leveling new toons cruddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Thirdly, what makes you special for having 15 characters? The fact that you are dedicated to the game. Thats what this is, to reward dedication and make it easier to be dedicated.
No, you just have a big pocketbook and a willingness to spend lots of real money to open new character slots. That's either ridiculous or just plain sad. Those who cite roleplay as the reason makes me wonder if they've actually done roleplay outside of an MMO before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Obviously, I think those things take priority, but this would be something nice when they get around to it.
To encourage people to level more characters, thus invest more time in game, and put more money into the game.
It's really little more than 'goodies' with shine that will last all of a few days. It's a poor fix if you need to dump a 'starter pack' onto veteran players. There must be something more keeping these players around for 500 days (to use your example) than just starter gifts. So why not make that your focus? I'd rather not have the devs waste their time on starter goodies and little door prizes for people who have been around for 500 days or those who simply have the dough to blow on 15 characters. If they should add new ships, it should be for end content, or ships that can be crafted to 'tier up'. And new gear? Sure, that would be nice, but it would eventually get shoved into the rack with the rest of the 'old' gear and lose its appeal once more. And then you're back to square one.

But since you're so focused on this brilliant idea, I'll leave you to it. I hope you get your wish of a Dev's comment here, I'd love to see what they have to say about this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
03-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjay29 View Post
No, because then you have half the populace grumbling that they don't like them and want to sell them instead.
They did the same thing with the C-Store ships with almost no problem.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjay29 View Post
I've got a better way. Improve the actual content. What's cruddy is playing those patrol missions that have you killing 5 groups of mobs, then doing it all over again for the next system. And the DSEs that are getting taken over by RA's and VA's, causing explosions en masse to lower level players who can't shoulder a hit from a level 51 BoP. What's cruddy is the missions which have a good intent, but are often mob-spammy and repetitive. There's barely any Trek in the storyline missions, and that's making leveling new toons cruddy.
Yeah, that is the important thing, but guess what, one mission or one fix is not gonna get tons of people to start leveling alts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjay29 View Post
No, you just have a big pocketbook and a willingness to spend lots of real money to open new character slots. That's either ridiculous or just plain sad. Those who cite roleplay as the reason makes me wonder if they've actually done roleplay outside of an MMO before.
Or, they set aside money to open more character slots because they enjoy the game. Claiming every player who buys more slots is automatically just a rich person and then calling them ridiculous and sad is offensive.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjay29 View Post
It's really little more than 'goodies' with shine that will last all of a few days. It's a poor fix if you need to dump a 'starter pack' onto veteran players. There must be something more keeping these players around for 500 days (to use your example) than just starter gifts. So why not make that your focus? I'd rather not have the devs waste their time on starter goodies and little door prizes for people who have been around for 500 days or those who simply have the dough to blow on 15 characters. If they should add new ships, it should be for end content, or ships that can be crafted to 'tier up'. And new gear? Sure, that would be nice, but it would eventually get shoved into the rack with the rest of the 'old' gear and lose its appeal once more. And then you're back to square one.

But since you're so focused on this brilliant idea, I'll leave you to it. I hope you get your wish of a Dev's comment here, I'd love to see what they have to say about this.
Yeah, taking a few existing items and making a few more would totally waste a ton of valuable time.

Why exactly should everything be for end tier?

It's more than just a "few" goodies. And it would act as the Vet reward that they already have to make something. AND it encourages people making more toons.

But i guess, one new mission will encourage people to completely start redoing everything all over again wayyy better.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:37 AM.