Lt. Commander
# 11
02-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Garbage isnt even an option. We're talking about professional people here, so even suggesting that is an insult to them. The actual options would be super high quality missions that take a long time to make, or more average quality missions that take less time to make. Yes, the super high quality missions are great, but once your done your done. What do you do until the next series comes out if its several months away?
I'm not saying that FE that are turned out fast would be garbage persay, I was merely using it as an example. I know cryptic wouldn't release completely terrible episodes. I was thinking more along the lines of an overall, broad type ideal.

As for what I would do while waiting for new episodes? Level an alt, pvp, farm, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevn
Sources or it didn't happen
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...57&postcount=6

Basically it would make more sense to do a new weekly series after the massive season 4 update, but again one things that people tend to gloss over is that this is an evolving process. Development schedules change and nothing is set in stone.

Personally I would prefer that they wait, keep up the consistently great quality of the featured series. However if their is an extended wait I would love to see more daily missions added to this series and other missions like the new Breen daily and the Pi Cannis raiding parties.

Edit: Nagus beat me to it. lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I don't think the content is going to ever come fast enough unless Cryptic put more staff on this game. Like double the devs.
Honestly - that is a big reason why the Foundry is such an interesting concept, because NO studio can ever keep up with player's ability to consume the content. Heck TV shows with million+ dollar per episode budgets can only make so many episodes a year due to the time it takes to make them.

However, YouTube can put forth constant video entertainment because it is the crowd making their own content. Not that I want to watch everything on YouTube, but you get the idea...

Foundry will allow those who love the Star Trek world to create amazing stories that will capture the attention of STO players and become some of the best content in our game.

Between Feature Episodes, the Foundry, Remastered Episodes, and our constant release of new features and other content, I think players are going to see an amazing amount of content to play in 2011.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Honestly - that is a big reason why the Foundry is such an interesting concept, because NO studio can ever keep up with player's ability to consume the content. Heck TV shows with million+ dollar per episode budgets can only make so many episodes a year due to the time it takes to make them.

However, YouTube can put forth constant video entertainment because it is the crowd making their own content. Not that I want to watch everything on YouTube, but you get the idea...

Foundry will allow those who love the Star Trek world to create amazing stories that will capture the attention of STO players and become some of the best content in our game.

Between Feature Episodes, the Foundry, Remastered Episodes, and our constant release of new features and other content, I think players are going to see an amazing amount of content to play in 2011.
Couldn't agree anymore with this. I can't wait to see what players turn out .
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
It was over 2 months between the featured episode series 2 and 3. This was due to the work being done on Season 3. Now we're finding out we arent going to see the next FE series before Season 4. If they keep up this trend, we're only going to be getting 1 featured episode series ever 3-4 months. That is simply not good enough.
Not true. They haven't ruled out waiting for new technology or not. If they did wait, it would be for the new technology they're getting.

Season 4 isn't until July. Dstahl said the next series is likely in May (with lots of miscellaneous content during March and April), if they don't wait for the new code branch.

We're getting more Foundry (I highly doubt the devs won't try their hand at the Foundry), Remastered episodes, PvP, dailies, etc.

You should check your sources.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Quote:

I havent seen you actually say the OP was incorrect about the possibility of only 1 series per season. So assuming that he is correct, that means only 5 new missions every 3/4 months. Regarding the Foundry, you guys have stated several times in interviews and on the forums that it is not a replacement for official content, so that really has no bearing on this conversation. That being the case, as a gamer would you personally be satisfied playing a game that only adds 5 new missions every 3/4 months? I'm just curious to know how you would feel.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2011, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Not true.

Season 4 isn't until July. Dstahl said the next series is likely in May (with lots of miscellaneous content during March and April)

You should check your sources.
You should probably check yours as well:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...57#post3389757
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Well I dont actually know what word you used, but I'm going to respond as if it were "crappy". My answer is good. However, the whole "quality over quantity" logic only applies until you run out of content. Because at that point, even a mediocre quality mission is better than no mission at all. So in regards to the subject of this thread, do I want the FEs to be good? Of course. But I also think that only 1 FE series per Season is a little extreme.

Yes having more then one would be nice, but maybe the real issue is they could make more then 5 eps per series
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Thank you for saying this, I was worried for a while there, but this has reassured me
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Quote:
You should probably check yours as well:

Edited my post as you were writing.

It doesn't say that they are or aren't waiting for the new code branch. It's fundamentally wrong to say that they are one way or another.

They haven't made that determination.