Lt. Commander
# 21
02-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Edited my post as you were writing.

It doesn't say that they are or aren't waiting for the new code branch. It's fundamentally wrong to say that they are one way or another.

They haven't made that determination.
Your right; it doesnt officially say one way or the other. However, he did say that is how it is looking right now. So the OP should have said that it was currently the plan.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage_Wolf
I havent seen you actually say the OP was incorrect about the possibility of only 1 series per season. So assuming that he is correct, that means only 5 new missions every 3/4 months. Regarding the Foundry, you guys have stated several times in interviews and on the forums that it is not a replacement for official content, so that really has no bearing on this conversation. That being the case, as a gamer would you personally be satisfied playing a game that only adds 5 new missions every 3/4 months? I'm just curious to know how you would feel.
I'm on record stating that our goal for Feature Episode series is 5 full series per year on top of all the other content and missions we add. And it is just that... a goal based on current headcount. We may end up making 4. We may end up making 6. We may end up making 10000... ok.. no that is impossible.

its not like Feature Episodes are the only thing we work on. The release notes for the last 6 months speak for themselves and you'll see that Feature Episodes are a small part of the updates we are constantly adding to the game.

We realize everyone wants more... because they are awesome. We will make as many as we possible can. What else am I supposed to say?
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Your right; it doesnt officially say one way or the other. However, he did say that is how it is looking right now. So the OP should have said that it was currently the plan.
He said they were looking at both options right now - that's not one way or the other.

Also, content isn't all Featured episodes. I'd love to see some dev-made, Foundry missions that serve as one-offs or dailies. Things that might not work if shoe-horned into a weekly series.

That and PvP. If they add just 2 PvP maps this season, it'll be more content for PvP players than the entirety of last year added (post-launch, of course).
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-27-2011, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I'm on record stating that our goal for Feature Episode series is 5 full series per year on top of all the other content and missions we add.
What other types of new missions are currently planned? Are you talking about remastered episodes or actual new missions that are not part of FE series?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-27-2011, 01:00 AM
*sigh*

Anyone else remember the days when you had to wait...sometimes for years...for an expansion to come out...which you then had to PAY for....before you'd get ANY new content in an MMO?

Whatever happened to patience?

I'm more then willing to wait until whenever for the next series, because I know without a doubt that it'll be worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Quote:
What other types of new missions are currently planned? Are you talking about remastered episodes or actual new missions that are not part of FE series?
It won't necessarily happen before Season 4 but more KDF missions (including a PvE progression from 1-6, as PVP starts at Lt. 6).

However, before Season 4 the following have been mentioned or hinted at PvP, remastered episodes, dailies, crafting missions, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Quote:
I asked this question in Ask Cryptic, I'm hoping for an answer, but I expect it'll be kept secret 'til it happens
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-27-2011, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenaut
*sigh*

Anyone else remember the days when you had to wait...sometimes for years...for an expansion to come out...which you then had to PAY for....before you'd get ANY new content in an MMO?

Whatever happened to patience?

I'm more then willing to wait until whenever for the next series, because I know without a doubt that it'll be worth it.
Expansions usually only come out for games that have fully developed content for their existing factions. STO does not fit that description ATM, so comparisons to expansions do not make sense in this discussion.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-27-2011, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I'm on record stating that our goal for Feature Episode series is 5 full series per year on top of all the other content and missions we add. And it is just that... a goal based on current headcount. We may end up making 4. We may end up making 6. We may end up making 10000... ok.. no that is impossible.

its not like Feature Episodes are the only thing we work on. The release notes for the last 6 months speak for themselves and you'll see that Feature Episodes are a small part of the updates we are constantly adding to the game.

We realize everyone wants more... because they are awesome. We will make as many as we possible can. What else am I supposed to say?
I hate to say it, but most of the things you guys are working on aside from the featured episodes do not actually provide new content for people to play. Ground combat definitely needs reworking and I'm looking forward to it, but even so that doesnt give me new content to play. The same goes for remastered episodes and and most of the other things that are being worked on. What keeps people playing your game is new things to do, not constantly updating the way the game works.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
I hate to say it, but most of the things you guys are working on aside from the featured episodes do not actually provide new content for people to play. Ground combat definitely needs reworking and I'm looking forward to it, but even so that doesnt give me new content to play. The same goes for remastered episodes and and most of the other things that are being worked on. What keeps people playing your game is new things to do, not constantly updating the way the game works.
It's not all remasters.

There's PvP, dailies, crafting missions, and more that have been discussed during the past few weeks. Not all new content is Featured Episodes.