Lt. Commander
# 11
02-27-2011, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx
I don't think that is nonsense.No one is saying you can't have fun in the game, but there is a severe lack of sustained fun, and ironically, 1 more year of developement time would take them up to the industry standard for MMOs: 4 years; something they perhaps should have dedicated in the first place.
No sustained fun? I'm here since open beta and still have tons of fun with my 8 characters.

Quote:
IAs it is, barely 1 year into the game's life and the buzz word of the moment is revamp. That's a word that a game this young shouldn't be bandying around at all if it was ready for general consumption.

Something revamped/ remastered/ rehashed is not new. It's altered same old content. It might look different or have a few extra additions that weren't available at the release, but we've still done it before (stranded in space, I'm looking at you).
Stranded in space didn't really need an upgrade, however, they made it more awesome. As long as they do it parallel to all the other awesome stuff I can only say: "Bring it on!"

Quote:
Foundry will be the saviour of STO though. Now you too can be a developer on the game, creating new missions and explorable areas; all the while paying for the privilege to take some of the stress off Cryptic.

No, I think if anything, another year is conservative, especially if they just keep reworking the same stuff.
You are paying to be able to play the game. If you want to make new content for others that's great, but nothing forces you to. Personally I'm too lazy. Still there are people who want to do it and that's great, I like playing those missions and I respect them for it. And sorry, complaining about 1 remastered episode after all the new ones they added is just sad......
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-27-2011, 07:42 AM
The game has come a long way. It is indeed fun now.

A few things still need Improvement.

Ground combat - coming in July.
Exploration space - not sure when that will be done.
Klingon equality - a lot has been done here. They're not done yet but they are working on this. Klingons are a lot more fun now then before.

Personally I'm having a Blast right now. Next year? This game will be even better, but as it is now, is still very good IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
IYou come to the forums to report issues, have a rant, let off alittle steam or just to get a quick response to a ticket issue and you just get shut down by forum regs.

I'm sorry if i offend a forum moderator by saying this next bit, but it has to be said...

Even the forums are moderatored very selectively, if you just look down the first 4 or 5 pages of the 'star trek online discussion' category you'll see devs are only really replying to certain members on certain subjects. AND It's always the same few individuals in the forums that are hijacking threads so others voices cant be heard.

It's all abit of a joke im my honest opinion and i'm not trying to be personal, Star Trek to me always had a certain 'moral' behind it, I cant expect everyone to live by the same morals or ideology, but it would be nice if they did.

I guess some are here for the glory of having the elite items, some are forum hungry for fame, some just like the space theme and dont care if its star trek or not.

I'm here because its Star Trek, but the impossibly difficult raids that are just making me log in waste a few hours trying to do them, failing then logging out annoyed having accomplished nothing, these aren't giving me the motivation to stay, I've even cancelled my monthly subs now (think I have till mid march).

I'm sure Cryptic understands that they need to cater for the majority, not just the few lifers on the forums that can shut down others threads because they dont share the same opinions of the game.

But from looking at the official replies in the official forums, I think Cryptic just want to keep the happy lifers happy, so they have atleast someone to sing about how great every little change is in the forums.
dude, thats a pretty opinionated vitriolic rant TBH, and I'm not saying that to troll you or attempt to get a rise out of you etc.

that being said I'd disagree with just about everything you say. if you are finding your threads shut down due to lack of adherence to forum rules then what does that say?

i guess, that being your opinion i can see why you've canceled your sub. gl in whatever other game you choose to play.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-27-2011, 08:05 AM
-rolls eyes- what is it with people signing into the forum as late and starting troll-bait threads ORDERING users to 'convince' them to come back :p if you left stay left? If you actually want to come back - come back - do we really care whether such-and-so-member comes back or not?

DISCLAIMER: This post is not targeted at any specific user - simply certain factors of our member base which have start to wear on me :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurama0900 View Post
I've been meaning to get back into this game, but I'd never earned enough money to maintain a subscription. Is the game worth it, now?
The Foundry(user generated content tool) is scheduled to go live soon. However, schedules often change, and I would personally recommend waiting until its actually on holodeck to re-subscribe.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grig32 View Post
DISCLAIMER: This post is not targeted at any specific user - simply certain factors of our member base which have start to wear on me :p
Like the person who started this thread? Please. If you think a post is inappropriate, report it. In the mean time, I suggest you read this:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=203540
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grig32 View Post
-rolls eyes- what is it with people signing into the forum as late and starting troll-bait threads ORDERING users to 'convince' them to come back :p if you left stay left? If you actually want to come back - come back - do we really care whether such-and-so-member comes back or not?

It's funny i haven't logged in since after the first month of release and decided to come back after reading this thread. I go to forums to, you know, get information kind of like the OP.

I don't think the OP cares and I certainly don't care whether you care, we are simply looking for information.
Why not just not post anything and move on to something you do enjoy or want to read? Why even bother posting?

In short, get over yourself and stay out of topics ify ou don't like them. They serve a purpose for others.

I hope most of the community is more mature than you so there is a reason to stay.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar

You are paying to be able to play the game. If you want to make new content for others that's great, but nothing forces you to. Personally I'm too lazy. Still there are people who want to do it and that's great, I like playing those missions and I respect them for it. And sorry, complaining about 1 remastered episode after all the new ones they added is just sad......
You're absolutely right, I am paying for the privilege, and I will continue to tell anyone that asks for an opinion on it that a reasonable price right now for that privilege is 1 month in 6. You disagree, and that's fine.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Okay, now that's nonsense. Unless you're an absolutely hardcore Klingon fan, who wouldn't be caught dead on anything that doesn't look like a floating gun, you can have a lot of fun NOW. Sure the game is still getting better but it's already great, I hope at the end of the year the same is true for the Klingons.
Being that it is an opinion I highly doubt it requires qualification. Therefore the only nonsense is your response. I meant what I said, PERIOD.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-28-2011, 02:12 PM
my opinion is biased as ive never felt a need to leave in the first place but yes the game is a really going places.

depending on the exact date you left you probably have missed the bulk of the featured series, the breen, devidian and the new one in reomulan space. by this saturday when the last one comes on thats 15 excellent missions to play, plus a fair few patrol missions. stranded in space was remastered, we now have episode replay, crating is massively improved. lots of cool shuttles and melee weapons and other bits and bobs that will please a treky.

earth space dock has been given a huge overhaul and the klingons got 8 unique story episodes and 6 some unique patrols, with more stuff due in the next big season.

the foundry is due any week to go live and is a lot of fun to make and play missions. sector space is gorgeous and there are lots of new ships and costumes (mostly c-store but not too expensive).

end of the day if you liked the game to begin with its gotten a whole heap better. if your waiting for a huge change then perhaps wait another 3 or 4 months until season 4 has come out and the foundry has gotten off the ground.