Lt. Commander
# 1 Might Have to go!
02-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Cryptic please hear my call for help because if not i will have to cancel my subscribtion.I keep getting a Fatal error come up all the time ,especially when im entering missions or social zones.Iv tried wat ppl say to do on the forums by deleting piggs folder and redownloading it and verifyin the files,But it only sorts it for a short time then it happens again an again an again etc.Its really Foggin me off.so if you have any tips to stop this please .Im all ears.And i really dont want to quit the game.if anyone has any tips they are also welcome an wud be VERY much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2011, 10:51 AM
this isn'tthe place to ask
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek765 View Post
Cryptic please hear my call for help because if not i will have to cancel my subscribtion.I keep getting a Fatal error come up all the time ,especially when im entering missions or social zones.Iv tried wat ppl say to do on the forums by deleting piggs folder and redownloading it and verifyin the files,But it only sorts it for a short time then it happens again an again an again etc.Its really Foggin me off.so if you have any tips to stop this please .Im all ears.And i really dont want to quit the game.if anyone has any tips they are also welcome an wud be VERY much appreciated.
Any chance you'd want to post your hardware?
Drivers up to date?
Are you sure you don't have any flaky hardware in your box?
Have you sent log files to support or have had any contact with them?
When you've uninstalled the game did you delete all related folders and clean out the registry? (you don't have to get too fancy in the registry, especially if you're not accustomed to messing around in there.)
Is STO the only application you've had issues with?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Check your ram. I had this issue before and it was cause i was over taxing my ram with all the other things i was running at one time. Check your preformance if your over 75% on ram ussage you may want to look into getting more or shutting some stuff down.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
this isn'tthe place to ask
This isnt the kinda help i was looking for.

Iv posted everywhere tryin to get a response but no dev wil help.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
This isnt the kinda help i was looking for.

Iv posted everywhere tryin to get a response but no dev wil help.
Have you PM'd a dev, that'd be the best bet