Lt. Commander
# 1 Scorpion fighters
02-27-2011, 07:11 AM
So after some testing done with the scorpion fighters. The fighters once launched at a klingon bop will always follow and attack them even tho they cloak. so is this working as inteneded or a bug. its pretty dum imo.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2011, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepez
So after some testing done with the scorpion fighters. The fighters once launched at a klingon bop will always follow and attack them even tho they cloak. so is this working as inteneded or a bug. its pretty dum imo.
Do they actually attack or just follow?

Following would be the same as with Carrier pets. Which doesn't mean that it is intended, just that it's consistent.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Do they actually attack or just follow?

Following would be the same as with Carrier pets. Which doesn't mean that it is intended, just that it's consistent.
they attacked after the cloak if they are in range to do so
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2011, 09:58 AM
The same applies to normal KDF carrier fighters, if I remember correctly.

Still some holes in the AI.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2011, 01:11 AM
They'll keep following you after you've died and respawned too. Fail.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2011, 03:41 AM
As Ridcully says, It's broken, but consistantly broken.

I think it's something that we can notch up as one of those "cool toys" with little thought given to how it would affect an arena match.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2011, 04:58 AM
I love when they turn friendly and you cant attack them but they can keep attacking me making it impossible to go to full impulse. Same thing happens with photonic fleet and fleet support. I'm not sure whats causing this but it is extremley annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2011, 05:04 AM
I just love when they release more and more stuff based on the same broken things that we've been carrying on about for months.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-28-2011, 07:09 AM
lmao- At least it has symmetry.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertW1982 View Post
I love when they turn friendly and you cant attack them but they can keep attacking me making it impossible to go to full impulse. Same thing happens with photonic fleet and fleet support. I'm not sure whats causing this but it is extremley annoying.
This happens when the owning/launching ship is destroyed and re-spawns out of sensor range of the NPC's. The game has a mechanic that turns the NPC's semi-friendly (i.e. you cannot target them, but they can continue to freely attack you), until the owning/launching ship returns to sensor range. Since you (their target) is never able to leave Red Alert status (the trigger for de-spawning NPC's like Photonic Fleet, Fleet Support, etc. seems to be both the owner and the target being out of Red Alert), thus, they remain merrily pounding away at you, until their owner returns to a certain range (have not nailed down the actual distance, I suspect that it is simply within sensor range, so, about 25-30k), at which point they become Hostile and able to be targeted once again.

Yes, it's very annoying...

-Big Red