Lt. Commander
Building off the tech we saw in Colosseum, howabout three things:

1) Change bar fights like Treasure Trading Station's bar fight to melee only. The guys in the bar are jerks but not necessarily people we should kill. Bonus points if their bodies don't disappear, similar to the people defeated "on stun setting". I might also suggest this belongs on stealth missions (where phaser fire would draw unwanted attention) or some places where there logically should be a phaser inhibitor in effect.

2) Give us the tool to restrict an area to melee only in The Foundry. My suggestion would be something similar to the "reduced gravity" object we can place that lowers the gravity, map-wide.

3) Look into ways that each class can CHOOSE a melee build.

Tactical is the obvious one and has some built in melee functionality through things like kits.

The question then becomes how you'd incorporate a melee build into Engineering or Science and I think the best examples I can think of are Death Knights and Rogues in ********, who have self-targeted melee weapon improvements.

An science officer might have a way to analyze and improve the structural integrity of their melee weapon through some sort of mass/density adjustment.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Field_density

Imagine a science officer rigging up a "Field Density Amplifier" that causes a melee weapon to hit harder, maybe at the cost of some speed but still a net improvement.

An engineering officer might have a means of rigging up a melee weapon to emit low levels of radiation damage. A "Delta Radiation Infuser". This would cause the weapon to continue to cause a damage over time bleed effect.

In both cases, perhaps the specific skills necessary to handle the improved weapon safely would be class specific from a logical standpoint. (Alternatively, maybe the Engineer should get the "Field Density Amplifier" and the Science should get a poisoned "Veridium Six Weapon Coating" or "Mugato Venom Weapon Coating".

Anyone else have thoughts on these points or requests of your own?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Imagine a science officer rigging up a "Field Density Amplifier" that causes a melee weapon to hit harder, maybe at the cost of some speed but still a net improvement.
[/color]
When I think of Science melee innovation, the first thing that comes to mind is a hypospray on a stick.

It may be nice to have Class specific craftables that could temporarily enhance weapons. Kinda like limited-charge buffs but more appropriate to the genre. Making them class specific would by necessity inspire player interaction.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2011, 10:01 AM
hmmm the breen electryic shock stick, the klingon dagger and the jemhadar pole with a blade on the end
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
hmmm the breen electryic shock stick, the klingon dagger and the jemhadar pole with a blade on the end
Do Want. Yes Please
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2011, 10:08 AM
I would actually trade my turrets and fabrications for an engineering melee kit.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2011, 10:08 AM
The only thing I want is a Dak'tagh. (Klingon Dagger.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Personally, I want all of these:

glavin
kar'takin
kuttar
kligat
nisroh
Reptilian knife
ushaan-tor
sword (including: Claymore, Cutlass, Gladius, Katana,Rapier, Retractable sword, Sword of Stars, Yan)

Klingon weapons
Reman Weapons

I've bolded the ones I want the most
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2011, 10:17 AM
i allways thought it should be like this:

TAC = better training with weapons period, higher accuracy because of training, but he can't say simsalabim and the weapon makes twice as much damage
ENG = better knowledge of the tech of the weapon, he can overload it or improve the power cell's but his aiming is just avarage
SCI = is also a Medic by default so he knows where it hurts the most!

TAC = + [Accuracy] maybe also a slightly higher fire rate to bring up the DPS a little
ENG = + [Damage] + [Critical Hit]
SCI = + [Critical Chance] +[Critical Hit]

this can be translated to ranged and melee weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
i allways thought it should be like this:

TAC = better training with weapons period, higher accuracy because of training, but he can't say simsalabim and the weapon makes twice as much damage
ENG = better knowledge of the tech of the weapon, he can overload it or improve the power cell's but his aiming is just avarage
SCI = is also a Medic by default so he knows where it hurts the most!

TAC = + [Accuracy] maybe also a slightly higher fire rate to bring up the DPS a little
ENG = + [Damage] + [Critical Hit]
SCI = + [Critical Chance] +[Critical Hit]

this can be translated to ranged and melee weapons.
T'paal, Spock, Data, Jadzia Dax, and Harry Kim were medics?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-27-2011, 10:39 AM
I want a bayonet seen here: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Bayonet
The musket is optional, but why not?

Then I want a lance and full knight outfit with horse and all seen here: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Lance
Heck, the Romulan uhlans are called uhlans for a reason.

While we are at apparals, I really dig the helmet seen here: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Pistol
We alrady have black uniforms and Sam browne belts, that is all we need for an "impression"

And I want this uniform to compliment my new sword: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_apS4bH6svM...rcuses_206.jpg

Why do people want to turn this game into yet an other hack and slash RPG adventure game?
Also, we don't have to have everything put into the game that was seen in Star Trek. The results would be awkward, inappropriate or downrigth stupid.