Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I've liked almost every mission STO has thrown at me. Until Coliseum, the latest weekly. I spent an hour and a half getting more and more bored as I had to jump through stupid, time-consuming hoops. They didn't even make any sense sometimes. I have a fully-functioning Medic Kit but I still have to pick up stupid plants in order to make an analgesic for Slapfacek? An hour and a half in, I got stuck in the map at the downed ship. The /stuck command didn't work (as it rarely does), and so in a desperate attempt to get it over and done with I beamed up and back down again - and it put me right back at the beginning of the Marooned map, not even putting me back at the cave. I now face having to do all of that stupid horticulturalism over - and that's before I even think about whether to bother doing it with my other characters. This mission is a terrible, terrible piece of junk. Avoid like the plague.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and no opinion is more "right" than another. However, the way you presented your opinion invalidates it as a serious topic for conversation.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and no opinion is more "right" than another. However, the way you presented your opinion invalidates it as a serious topic for conversation.
Fair enough. I had my vent and you disagree. Thanks for your contribution.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-27-2011, 11:16 AM
OMG going somewhere = waste of time
OMG picking up something = waste of time
OMG talking to somebody = waste of time

OMG cryptic plx make next mission one room with boss - we kill boss, we get epix, mission done.

*sigh*

This mission is about the best I have seen in STO to date. Unlike some other STO mission, this one at least tries to realistically invoke the "marooned" feeling and I applaud that. If you want missions "I blow stuff and I get epix" - try WoW.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Your lack of formatting and spacing prevented me from reading your post. Maybe you had some good points, but I couldnt read past the first line without my head hurting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-27-2011, 11:19 AM
all the 6 runs i have done of the mission went smoothly...felt like i was playing a story through.

Af riend did get the scan bug but thats easily fixed.

This mission has been the closest to like playing a star trek episdoe so far.

long ..yes
lots of puzzles...yes
awesome maps ..yes
nice loot..yes
storyline..yes

Would i like to go back to kill 10 of these missions?.......... no
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
all the 6 runs i have done of the mission went smoothly...felt like i was playing a story through.

Af riend did get the scan bug but thats easily fixed.

This mission has been the closest to like playing a star trek episdoe so far.

long ..yes
lots of puzzles...yes
awesome maps ..yes
nice loot..yes
storyline..yes

Would i like to go back to kill 10 of these missions?.......... no

Doing it over is super fast though. i've replayed it about 10 times now on a mix of my toons and after the first time and knowing what to do you can blow threw it in no time flat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
all the 6 runs i have done of the mission went smoothly...felt like i was playing a story through.

Af riend did get the scan bug but thats easily fixed.

This mission has been the closest to like playing a star trek episdoe so far.

long ..yes
lots of puzzles...yes
awesome maps ..yes
nice loot..yes
storyline..yes

Would i like to go back to kill 10 of these missions?.......... no
Maybe he'd prefer the epic "scan 5 plants" storyline
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-27-2011, 11:24 AM
i enjoyed it a lot. there is a moment where i messed up the desert with the rock formation bit like many people have and caused me to waste a lot of time so perhaps they could clean that bit up but apart from that i loved it.

the flower/medical bit was perhaps a touch duller than it could have been but it was ok for what it was.

but the whole episode was a excellent change of pace and made the mission feel more like an episode of star trek that the usual gun everything down that moves. i hope to see more missions like this in the future that moves away from the normal episode format.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
OMG going somewhere = waste of time
OMG picking up something = waste of time
OMG talking to somebody = waste of time

OMG cryptic plx make next mission one room with boss - we kill boss, we get epix, mission done.

*sigh*

This mission is about the best I have seen in STO to date. Unlike some other STO mission, this one at least tries to realistically invoke the "marooned" feeling and I applaud that. If you want missions "I blow stuff and I get epix" - try WoW.
i must agree even though i dont get the grab herbs for medical purposes, i find it entertaining. missions are not made to BLAST away ur enemy and be done with the mission, u are to enjoy the story, the scenery, and the effects that make a game and movie worth doing. (sorry if i bore u with that talk lol) but theres my opinion i like it best ever made.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:16 PM.