Lt. Commander
I've liked almost every mission STO has thrown at me. Until Coliseum, the latest weekly. I spent an hour and a half getting more and more bored as I had to jump through stupid, time-consuming hoops. They didn't even make any sense sometimes. I have a fully-functioning Medic Kit but I still have to pick up stupid plants in order to make an analgesic for Slapfacek? An hour and a half in, I got stuck in the map at the downed ship. The /stuck command didn't work (as it rarely does), and so in a desperate attempt to get it over and done with I beamed up and back down again - and it put me right back at the beginning of the Marooned map, not even putting me back at the cave. I now face having to do all of that stupid horticulturalism over - and that's before I even think about whether to bother doing it with my other characters. This mission is a terrible, terrible piece of junk. Avoid like the plague.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and no opinion is more "right" than another. However, the way you presented your opinion invalidates it as a serious topic for conversation.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and no opinion is more "right" than another. However, the way you presented your opinion invalidates it as a serious topic for conversation.
Fair enough. I had my vent and you disagree. Thanks for your contribution.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2011, 11:16 AM
OMG going somewhere = waste of time
OMG picking up something = waste of time
OMG talking to somebody = waste of time

OMG cryptic plx make next mission one room with boss - we kill boss, we get epix, mission done.

*sigh*

This mission is about the best I have seen in STO to date. Unlike some other STO mission, this one at least tries to realistically invoke the "marooned" feeling and I applaud that. If you want missions "I blow stuff and I get epix" - try WoW.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Your lack of formatting and spacing prevented me from reading your post. Maybe you had some good points, but I couldnt read past the first line without my head hurting.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2011, 11:19 AM
all the 6 runs i have done of the mission went smoothly...felt like i was playing a story through.

Af riend did get the scan bug but thats easily fixed.

This mission has been the closest to like playing a star trek episdoe so far.

long ..yes
lots of puzzles...yes
awesome maps ..yes
nice loot..yes
storyline..yes

Would i like to go back to kill 10 of these missions?.......... no
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
all the 6 runs i have done of the mission went smoothly...felt like i was playing a story through.

long ..yes
lots of puzzles...yes
awesome maps ..yes
nice loot..yes
storyline..yes

Doing it over is super fast though. i've replayed it about 10 times now on a mix of my toons and after the first time and knowing what to do you can blow threw it in no time flat.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post

long ..yes
lots of puzzles...yes
awesome maps ..yes
nice loot..yes
storyline..yes

Maybe he'd prefer the epic "scan 5 plants" storyline
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-27-2011, 11:24 AM
i enjoyed it a lot. there is a moment where i messed up the desert with the rock formation bit like many people have and caused me to waste a lot of time so perhaps they could clean that bit up but apart from that i loved it.

the flower/medical bit was perhaps a touch duller than it could have been but it was ok for what it was.

but the whole episode was a excellent change of pace and made the mission feel more like an episode of star trek that the usual gun everything down that moves. i hope to see more missions like this in the future that moves away from the normal episode format.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
OMG going somewhere = waste of time
OMG picking up something = waste of time
OMG talking to somebody = waste of time

OMG cryptic plx make next mission one room with boss - we kill boss, we get epix, mission done.

*sigh*

This mission is about the best I have seen in STO to date. Unlike some other STO mission, this one at least tries to realistically invoke the "marooned" feeling and I applaud that. If you want missions "I blow stuff and I get epix" - try WoW.
i must agree even though i dont get the grab herbs for medical purposes, i find it entertaining. missions are not made to BLAST away ur enemy and be done with the mission, u are to enjoy the story, the scenery, and the effects that make a game and movie worth doing. (sorry if i bore u with that talk lol) but theres my opinion i like it best ever made.
Closed Thread