Lt. Commander
# 21
02-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litair
Indeed, it is quite long.. so it's dreadful if you're the type who skips through all the dialogue and only sees the next objective circle on the map in order to be get loot and accolades.
Unlike most MMO missions/quests it's a mission you should play for the mission itself, not for some fancy reward when it's over with
you mean like the uncommon/rare/epic melee weapon you get towards the end of the arena? .
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-27-2011, 12:34 PM
I put forth that you should never, EVER have to do Math in a video game.

Not ever.

Other than that and a few minor annoyances such as missing the rocks to hide in and fetch-questing, it has been a pretty amazing series so far.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The reason for the medical herbs is because your gear is supposed to have been confiscated when you were captured. So it wouldnt have made sense for them to allow you to heal yourself with your normal medical gear.
You only had a dampening field that stopped you from using all your gear (It's the little blue debuff).

Nothing was actually confiscated.

It was a nice episode. I enjoyed the math part the best.

:p
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-27-2011, 12:46 PM
How could people not like that mission? I think it's Cryptic's best mission by a long shot! An interesting puzzle at the start, epic battles with just your malee weapon, escaping and having to survive the night (My fav part) and ending off with that awesome cut sene! What more could you want?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjwmartin View Post
I've liked almost every mission STO has thrown at me. Until Coliseum, the latest weekly. I spent an hour and a half getting more and more bored as I had to jump through stupid, time-consuming hoops. They didn't even make any sense sometimes. I have a fully-functioning Medic Kit but I still have to pick up stupid plants in order to make an analgesic for Slapfacek? An hour and a half in, I got stuck in the map at the downed ship. The /stuck command didn't work (as it rarely does), and so in a desperate attempt to get it over and done with I beamed up and back down again - and it put me right back at the beginning of the Marooned map, not even putting me back at the cave. I now face having to do all of that stupid horticulturalism over - and that's before I even think about whether to bother doing it with my other characters. This mission is a terrible, terrible piece of junk. Avoid like the plague.

although i wouldnt have put in in such a troll inviting way...i agree with you op. and on a side note that "NOOOOOOO" at the end? really? Vader had a better one at the end of sith and thats not saying much
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasos

Not ever.
I was lazy and used a calculator.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBranagh
I'm in the middle with this. Yes it felt like a story from TNG (which is good) but some things annoyed me.

Like I got all the way to the cave you camp in without the 'Hide in the rocks and let the fighter pass' because I had no idea that meant hide in the tiny cluster of rocks off to the side that you couldnt hide an ant in :p There was no map icon or direction help at all with that, they just looked like random rocks on the map.

I thought the big archway was the rocks it meant

But after I walked all the way back and found them, the mission went smoothly.
I did that to. Silly me, Reman told me we should head East and I immediately headed East and headed to those same rocks, then up and down the canyon twice before I backtracked and a friend told me where to go.

Quote:
The reason for the medical herbs is because your gear is supposed to have been confiscated when you were captured. So it wouldnt have made sense for them to allow you to heal yourself with your normal medical gear.
I was able to use all of my kits once we escaped. I just assume you don't have the proper supplies to cure bites of what might be an indiginous worm thing.

Quote:
Actually, there is. There is a circle on your map, its just small.
If there was, it was so small or blended in with the terrain features on the map that I didn't see it.

The only other issue I have that a friend brought up, It seems that the career accolades are switched up. Science is fine (find water), but why does the Engineer Captain hunt for food and the Tactial Captain gather wood?

Except for those minor items, It was indeed an awesome mission and possibly the finest to date. Another tip I was told, if you have ingame music muted, it is in your interest to play it for the Coliseum part.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:

Not ever.

Other than that and a few minor annoyances such as missing the rocks to hide in and fetch-questing, it has been a pretty amazing series so far.
You don't have to do math. Nobody is forcing you to do math...you're the one that made the conscious decision to play the mission. :p
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Quote:

Not ever.
normally id agree because not everybody is a maths wiz or has a calculator to hand but luckily you can do the whole thing by trial and error. in fact thats probably a quicker way than the people who spent time working it out.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
You don't have to do math. Nobody is forcing you to do math...you're the one that made the conscious decision to play the mission. :p
As I have noted with this and other math puzzles, there is no reward for getting it right and no penalty for failing your way through.

Also, in a group, you can have one member cycle through the numbers and wait for the numbers to turn green and tell them to stop.
Closed Thread