Lt. Commander
# 1 Even Better Charecter Looks
02-27-2011, 03:33 PM
I have an idea that would cerntainly enhace the way your charecters would look.

What if you could equip dual pistols and a sniper riffle and instead of just randmly poping them out of ur butt or wherever, you could have holsters for pistols and rifle would go diangaly across your charecters back, melee waepons would be diagnol the same way.

You would then be able to choose to disable the vidual if you wish just like the armor and the kit. this would also be option to change on your officers.

If this change is made it would make alot of the combat areas more realistic.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2011, 04:00 PM
The problems is that there isn't one generic physical model for kits, there are several, and the "hard-points" and weapon models would need to be taken into account to prevent clipping between the two. I imagine that that would be near impossible in itself, but then it also needs to work for those people that don't have the kit models turned on, otherwise they'd just float several inches off your character.

It's not a terrible idea by any means, I just think there's too much work involved compared to the gains to make it feasible.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkos
The problems is that there isn't one generic physical model for kits, there are several, and the "hard-points" and weapon models would need to be taken into account to prevent clipping between the two. I imagine that that would be near impossible in itself, but then it also needs to work for those people that don't have the kit models turned on, otherwise they'd just float several inches off your character.

It's not a terrible idea by any means, I just think there's too much work involved compared to the gains to make it feasible.
Agreed. Maybe a compromise would satiate the OP. It would be cool to have costume packs that are like the TOS belts with phasers and communicators attached. And they could create multiple variants too. Though they wouldn't "work" they would look cool. The Enterprise Mirror Universe belt is a good example of how this could work.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAFXivion
I have an idea that would cerntainly enhace the way your charecters would look.

What if you could equip dual pistols and a sniper riffle and instead of just randmly poping them out of ur butt or wherever, you could have holsters for pistols and rifle would go diangaly across your charecters back, melee waepons would be diagnol the same way.

You would then be able to choose to disable the vidual if you wish just like the armor and the kit. this would also be option to change on your officers.

If this change is made it would make alot of the combat areas more realistic.

nono, it's stored in a mini transporter buffer secreted upon your person. :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnsky View Post
nono, it's stored in a mini transporter buffer secreted upon your person. :p
Borderlands does this, and it actually looks kind of cool when you see someone draw a weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2011, 08:53 PM
I would rather have the Tricordor on a shoulder strap, or phaser on a belt with a communicator. Star Trek personel did not go around toting guns on their back in general.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2011, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Borderlands does this, and it actually looks kind of cool when you see someone draw a weapon.
indeed, and kinda fits in with how your captain can somehow pull not only weapons, but a series of hyposprays, gadgets and tribbles out of thin air. (note: similar systems were used in the star trek elite force series of games)

so in reality all you need is a "belt" like setup with a series of devices/pouches that would be where your tricorder, and buffer system's are stored.

maybe we won't see it for a little while yet, but at least it's an explaination that'd fit in with trek-tech.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2011, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megagamer
I would rather have the Tricordor on a shoulder strap, or phaser on a belt with a communicator. Star Trek personel did not go around toting guns on their back in general.
not really accurate.. didnt really on their back, but over the shoulder with a strap: here is one example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7d_O...elated#t=6m58s

in any case.. i have always supported this idea. when on away missions, we have the weapon holstered automatically. when going to social areas, or on our ship, we go unarmed. in order to arm, we have to visit the armory or a weapon locker on your ship beforehand. i think that makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-28-2011, 06:11 AM
Sploutions would be that Kits and outerlayer visual equipment would overide mount points of their own.

Lt. Commander
# 10
02-28-2011, 09:12 AM
i stil think itd be really awesome though to see people running around with the dual polaron pistols on a belt in holsters or phaser dual pistols or anti proton dual pistols its be sick.