Lt. Commander
# 11
03-01-2011, 06:19 AM
is it possible to trigger player to do animations, if could trigger a laying face down animation would make look more like sky diving.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro1
is it possible to trigger player to do animations, if could trigger a laying face down animation would make look more like sky diving.
Actually, there's a very nice no-gravity animation I've used to show people who have been sucked out into space, I bet it'd work well :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-02-2011, 02:35 PM
before tribble went down for maintence, i was able test this out.
works good, useing two identical maps, one for free fall and second one to beamed to.
premise is, targeting scanners get dameged durring battle causeing away team to be beam 3km above surface, transporter chief able get a lock and capture team in transporter beam at 1km, use several layers of clouds and fog to give apperance of falling.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-02-2011, 06:52 PM
I would encouragte having them beam onto a platform in case there's some kind of loadscreen issue.

Honestly, my big idea for when I do this for real is to have a mission where players climb a tower and set a bomb at the top, then have to leap off because the transporter interference is too high at the top of the tower.