Lt. Commander
# 11
02-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekTheStars
Okay so how about this, if you have a TOS badge from the tailor you will use the TOS communicator and TOS transporter emote and effect. If you have a TOS Tricorter equipped from the tailor you use the TOS Tricorder emote when scanning?

*added*

You should use TOS Communicator when a BOff calls you from your ship as well.
I think you nailed it, that sounds perfect to me!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Okay so how about this, if you have a TOS badge from the tailor you will use the TOS communicator and TOS transporter emote and effect. If you have a TOS Tricorter equipped from the tailor you use the TOS Tricorder emote when scanning?

*added*

I fully support this as well.

We are definitely on the same page.

Thanks for the Phaser 1 mission!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Glad you guys like! I really hope they do something like that. Would be such a bummer to have everything TOS and then have to scan something that breaks immersion.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-28-2011, 03:05 PM
or you could uhm stop living in past star trek and move to the 25th cent like the rest of us
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:

*added*

I love this idea. I hope they can add it in!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
Oman, that really irritates me to no end...I've done that mission on a 8 or so fed toons and never once did I see a type 1 phaser as a reward choice. (Replay here I come - a couple of times)

Probably the same issue I have with the Planet Killer mission and only seeing the reward BO's and first device because there's no scroll bar in the reward window to see the other 3 devices.

back on topic...what about a TOS tricorder?
It's only available on replay. The Planet Killer reward bug is a separate issue.

TOS items, including tricorder and communicator have been suggested since beta. Slowly but surely, they're coming. I'd prefer a TOS communicator animation be added as part of a general transporter effect customization.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufia
or you could uhm stop living in past star trek and move to the 25th cent like the rest of us
Nah...but you could uhm stop hating on people that want a little bit of TOS in STO (hey that rhymes! :p). As for the "rest of us" I'm sure there's more than enough support from the players to think some TOS goodies and gadgets are okay...so much so that Cryptic found it to be a good idea to add a few things for their loyal TOS fans.

So if you don't like it...ignore it. Let people enjoy what they paid for and allow them to have the right to contribute their creativity to the game. Don't forget, these things go on the C-Store...and they will pay for more "25th cent" content.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-28-2011, 04:59 PM
The problem I see is that the game is designed to show one Tricorder whenever you scan anything, we don't have different kinds, and even if we do, there's no place in the UI or Game Options or Tailor to switch them out.

We should start a campaign to allow people to customize those kinds of gear. Non-badge Communicators and Tricorders seem the obvious candidates, but I can easily imagine some Scientists wanting some med kits that come in cases and hang by straps over their shoulders, Engineers who want tool kits who do the same, tactical officers who want Bandoliers, etc..

Then, we ask for specific packs for the gear.

The TOS Pack, with TOS Tricorder, communicator, and the Belt options in the Tailor to look as if you've got them on you and holstered/hanging.

The TNG pack, with TNG Tricorder, and belts with holstered phaser & Tricorder, holstered phaser, and holstered Tricorder, as well as the Med Kit and Tool Kits.

The DS9/VOY pack, with "boomerang" holstered Phaser & holstered Tricorder, holstered "boomerang" Phaser, and holstered Tricorder.

The ENT pack, with ENT Communicator & Vulcan Tricorder, as well as options for Holstered Phase pistol & Holstered Vulcan Tricorder.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
The problem I see is that the game is designed to show one Tricorder whenever you scan anything, we don't have different kinds, and even if we do, there's no place in the UI or Game Options or Tailor to switch them out.

We should start a campaign to allow people to customize those kinds of gear. Non-badge Communicators and Tricorders seem the obvious candidates, but I can easily imagine some Scientists wanting some med kits that come in cases and hang by straps over their shoulders, Engineers who want tool kits who do the same, tactical officers who want Bandoliers, etc..

Then, we ask for specific packs for the gear.

The TOS Pack, with TOS Tricorder, communicator, and the Belt options in the Tailor to look as if you've got them on you and holstered/hanging.

The TNG pack, with TNG Tricorder, and belts with holstered phaser & Tricorder, holstered phaser, and holstered Tricorder, as well as the Med Kit and Tool Kits.

The DS9/VOY pack, with "boomerang" holstered Phaser & holstered Tricorder, holstered "boomerang" Phaser, and holstered Tricorder.

The ENT pack, with ENT Communicator & Vulcan Tricorder, as well as options for Holstered Phase pistol & Holstered Vulcan Tricorder.
I can see it all now! I love the idea of full packs like this.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-28-2011, 09:46 PM
We could even craft them.