Lt. Commander
# 11
02-28-2011, 04:27 AM
Just do like 5 hours of ground pvp and you can level a KDF to max....

oooops they fixed that bug as well.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-28-2011, 04:34 AM
The Skill Point Values for mission gained increase with increasing levels, which makes the lower level take forever and the higher levels go by very fast, IME. I'd prefer it the other way...

Don't just do the Khaless Expanse. Do
  • Pi Canis Missions (Sortie Alpha & Bravo, and Path of the Warrior Daily)
  • Eta Eridani Missions (Alhena Fuel Station, Traelus Satellite Repair, Freighter Rescue)
  • Orrelius Sector Block Missions (3 Daily repeatable missions consisting of a total of 5 different submissions)
  • Then do some Exploration stuff.

The first 3 should yield better skill points then Exploration. And while you're doing it, stay queued for PvP and join every match you can get - even if you are in the middle of a mission. It doesn't really matter if you have to restart some maps - restarts means extra skill points for the extra fighting you need to do. And possibly, you can "unfail" the Path-of-the-Warrior objectives (I never tried that.)
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The Skill Point Values for mission gained increase with increasing levels, which makes the lower level take forever and the higher levels go by very fast, IME. I'd prefer it the other way...

Don't just do the Khaless Expanse. Do
  • Pi Canis Missions (Sortie Alpha & Bravo, and Path of the Warrior Daily)
  • Eta Eridani Missions (Alhena Fuel Station, Traelus Satellite Repair, Freighter Rescue)
  • Orrelius Sector Block Missions (3 Daily repeatable missions consisting of a total of 5 different submissions)
  • Then do some Exploration stuff.

The first 3 should yield better skill points then Exploration. And while you're doing it, stay queued for PvP and join every match you can get - even if you are in the middle of a mission. It doesn't really matter if you have to restart some maps - restarts means extra skill points for the extra fighting you need to do. And possibly, you can "unfail" the Path-of-the-Warrior objectives (I never tried that.)

they should add patrol missions to all planets that are in kdf space and the defri zone to us, that would cover 3 ranks if they break them up well, that would break the mundain factor away from leveling. if anything it would get the kdf flying about visiting planets that are under kdf control so a little exploring.

throw some quest in the pi zones like goin up against the hirogen on some of the planets, even give us our version of ghost ship. byut at the moment there is no real flow of zones for the kdf if you know what i mean.

on fed side you go through the zones and they have levels on which zones you will be in at specific ranks, they flow into each other and from each other, the fleet actions flow with them. on kdf beyond the few missions you get at start with worf an then the barge of the dead at captain there is no flow, there is no reason to be in a specific part of space, we wander aimlessly doing sorties, the weekly replays or the defri dailys and the go kill 12-14 ships of so an so race 3 times then ring me when your done which are done solo unless you go in as a team unlike feds who team for auto for there dse's when we arnt pondering around droz station or qunos waiting for a pvp Q
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-28-2011, 05:43 AM
I could get behind a change to the kill "54" enemy sort of missions as the number needed does seem a bit excessive.
I also like teh idea of KDF patrol style missions being added as well.
Grinding sucks no matter the faction, but the KDF grind has gotten far better since release.
DO lots of PvP, it helps with both stress and SP.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-28-2011, 05:48 AM
ye but at the min the pvp q's stink for how long it can take to get a match, was sat in the q for 1 an half hours this morning and finally went to make a drink, when i came back id missed a game which is sods law,
Lt. Commander
# 16 KDF back on the drawing board
02-28-2011, 10:10 AM
They should just put it back to the drawing board and remove a lot off PVP and more PVE !
More ships because I don't think a gorn Captain fly an KDF Bird .
Maybe some Herogien missions for klingons there both warriors so that would be nice .
Certainly some faster growing at the beginning KDF and Fed side AND No nonsense about faster growing from C -Store, Because that's just rude people who can't afford it would grow slower or worse walk away from the game because they can't go fast enough .

I think they have to come with some kind off plan otherwise its going dead !! in KDF

OK that's said so if you have more idea's put him here people and if you think its good the way it is try leveling up again you see what I mean because from LTC to Captain is going to take fore ever.....
And those 3 missions is nice if you are a captain rank otherwise you will not succeed .
And PVP is mostly down there not much people on fed side using it because there is enough to do .
And if there isn't they go back to there ready room and replay until they have something new to play !!!

Greets Jetal
Lt. Commander
# 17 One more thing
02-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Before you comment on this ......
Try to level a fed one week long see how far you come and the other week try to level a klingon with the same amount off playtime .
I'll bet you won't succeed Federation you will make Rear admiral with the klingon you make commander .
Don't say nothing just try it you will see !!!

Greetzzz Jetal
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-28-2011, 10:32 AM
ye that has something todo with u hit commander, no quests. an it goes here have a q when u hit captain well done have the quest, ow u done the 3 quest, right now sod off an dont come back for ages, no dont be silly you cant have any quests. go repeat something 800 times till you lvl enough for the next set of quests.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-28-2011, 12:07 PM
I never new there was a leveling exploit when I was coming up in the ranks, what a shame. I leveled my first KDF to BG on PvP and the sub-missions that come with it(turret killer, die to another etc.) my second general got some help from new content.

Now with dailies, replay, sorties and weekly content you can make LTG inside a week easy. You just need to spread yourself out to get it all.

A year ago you really had to be dedicated to get even close to that time unless you had nothing else to do for 20 hours a day.

A new player to the game probably would still complain about the content comparison but long time Klingons have quieted a lot since launch it is probably good to have fresh eyes on the situation and revoice those concerns.

DS9 brought us a lot of familiarization with the Klingons but it doesn't seem to have really played out in STO. I feel the biggest thing missing is the story about who the Klingon really are. Worf is a stoic individual where most others seem to be partiers of sorts. I think a background look into what drives the Klingons either by gameplay or a storylined cut scene it would help out the Klingons out.

I do think that a race specific storyline is warranted to define each race as part of the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter1978
Before you comment on this ......
Try to level a fed one week long see how far you come and the other week try to level a klingon with the same amount off playtime .
Just made MG (technically still BG6) on a KDF created recently. It took me a month, which is what it took me to make the existing cap last year on my fed. If anything I think the KDF equivalent ranking happened just a smidgeon faster (last year the game was the new shiny and I hit it much less casually).

BTW - all done PVE. It takes about 23 of each of explorations to gain a rank up to Captain (with Turret Killer, Deadliest Game, etal). Captain grades slowed things down a bit (I think I have 32 in Eridon, definitely not enough to get the second accolade). Once I hit BG I did all the storylines which got me to BG2. Now I'm just checking out the defends and sorties. At MG4 I'll probably start on the featured episodes.

I cannot sympathize with those complaining about leveling a Klingon.