Lt. Commander
# 1 Suggestion: longer bio's
02-28-2011, 04:00 AM
I am one of those people who like to read other people's BIOs when hanging around ESD and who enjoy writing their own bio's.

Apart from the cases such as "I AM COMMANDER SHEPHERD", "Graduated in 2408, gone to fight the borg laters", "I AM SON OF CAPTIN PIKARD AND I AM DE BEST CAPTIN IN GALAXI" (yup, saw it like this with caps and typos) and "PWNZORING ALIEN KILLING KLINGONS", some of them were actually really interesting.

Therefore, if it's not too much of a problem, I'd like to ask the Devs, if they could add a few more lines to the BIO section, so it can be longer (well, the more the better really). I'd like to write more about my captain and his officers.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2011, 04:05 AM
Read my main one. =].

But yes I agree. I'm running out of room on my main character.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2011, 04:11 AM
I'd like richer bios, although not everyone would want to spend the time on it I suppose. I have a sort of a backstory in my head for my guy, and I'd like it if I could tell that story more effectively in the bio.

Options allowing for creativity would float my boat personally. Let's get nerdy with this and allow us to use images, sound files, that sort of thing.

I know not everyone would have the tools or the time to really put something cool together, but there would doubtless be some talented people out there who could create something we could all enjoy and further enrich the STO experience just by feeling like the other ships we fly past every day have real people in them. If it was done well I'd happily spend an hour taking in someone's story.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2011, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjwright View Post
I'd like richer bios, although not everyone would want to spend the time on it I suppose. I have a sort of a backstory in my head for my guy, and I'd like it if I could tell that story more effectively in the bio.

Options allowing for creativity would float my boat personally. Let's get nerdy with this and allow us to use images, sound files, that sort of thing.

I know not everyone would have the tools or the time to really put something cool together, but there would doubtless be some talented people out there who could create something we could all enjoy and further enrich the STO experience just by feeling like the other ships we fly past every day have real people in them. If it was done well I'd happily spend an hour taking in someone's story.
Well you answered yourself: complete overhaul would take too much time for too few people (because unfortunately, there are many many more that don't bother with this than those who do), but adding a few lines of text is most likely simply changing one variable in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2011, 04:18 AM
I hear you, but I'm just saying what I would like to see rather than asking for it to appear in the next update.

A lot of people won't bother making Foundry missions either, or if they do there'll probably be a lot of poor ones for every good one. But IMHO the more options there are for players to add some sort of content to a game like this, the richer the whole thing has the potential to become.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2011, 05:57 AM
I'd love to write bio's for my char's ( I've hit the limit most of them)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2011, 06:23 AM
Made this request ages ago and kinda fell on deaf ears, no change there. I'd love to expand my bios if I could.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2011, 09:38 AM
I would not mind bios being longer if possible. When the game came out my first bio was longer than the character cut off and I had to edit it many times to even get it to sound moderately right.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-28-2011, 09:43 AM
I would like longer bios, at least for my alt that's based on the captain from a fanfic I made.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-28-2011, 10:11 AM
I'd like to second this, I've found myself running out of room by the time my career hits Lt. Commander.