Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltz-N-Burgerz
Indeed, Klinks have no diplomacy, thus no reward BO from a nuetral/Fed faction (I would like a Andorian or Ferengei myself), and while I'm glad we finally got the Barge Of The Dead/Fel'khiri Chain, the Feds still have more storyline missions for PVE.
ye and dipo in itself unlocks extra story/lore who are you quests at top rank, an like the remastering thats going on now, its all great and good but really is that the best use of dev time they can come up with ? i mean if they got a 3gig content patch for kdf coming polish the nuts of the missions in the game already but do you think we have alot of content coming
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-02-2011, 10:19 AM
We have LOADS of content... stop whining and act like a REAL Klingon. :p

I went up a full level at the weekend without doing a single PvP match, star cluster, or empire defense mission. You dont NEED to grind anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-02-2011, 10:22 AM
The recent Dstahl interview has a good mention of the upcomming season 4 KDF stuff.
# 43 I believe.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Can you please post how youdid that?

Jus started to level a new Klingon toon and I'm already giving up on him.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Can you please post how youdid that?

Jus started to level a new Klingon toon and I'm already giving up on him.
At each new level you get 2 new story missions. 'Bringing down the house' and 'The House always wins' are only worth like 100 XP each, but there well made missions and fun to play. Plus the feature episodes are AWESOME and worth like 500 XP each. There are 14 of those now AND they're replayable. Plus the dalies from all those are good for a few hundred XP too.

The REAL meat of your XP is with the sorties though. The optional objectives are tough, but if you can do Alpha + Bravo + path of the warrior you got nearly 1000 XP in one go. Plus thats not to mention all the ships you'll blow up along the way.

If you can stand the empire defence missions, the first two missions you do in each location are worth the most XP... after that you'll get diminishing returns so dont bother.

If you dont mind grinding and just want to level up ASAP, the best XP per effort is done by replaying one of the devidian series missions ('Everything Old Is New' IIRC) as its easy and still worth the same XP as any other mission.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-02-2011, 10:35 AM
well, i have been playing KDF since launch. I have two.
Bored, i just a few weeks ago I decided to level my first fed. Wow.why did they get all this content?

I love my klingon, but I wish there was at least the same # of dailies as feds do. I understand the issues with the missions and all and don't expect as many. But the dailies? Come on.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
well, i have been playing KDF since launch. I have two.
Bored, i just a few weeks ago I decided to level my first fed. Wow.why did they get all this content?

I love my klingon, but I wish there was at least the same # of dailies as feds do. I understand the issues with the missions and all and don't expect as many. But the dailies? Come on.
Sorry, you're mistaken. There aren't ANY Fed-only dailies (there are a couple that are the same a Klink dalies but have slightly different names). Klinks actually have more daily missions than Feds do.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutty View Post
Sorry, you're mistaken. There aren't ANY Fed-only dailies (there are a couple that are the same a Klink dalies but have slightly different names). Klinks actually have more daily missions than Feds do.
I need to be more specific. Sorry. I had alot of caffeine this mornign and I am coming down now.

As a Klingon, i can't do diplomacy-like stuff.
Two out of the three fleet actions are bugged so nobody does them.
Exploration for Feds seem better. Klingons have the same 5 missions.
Federation seems to have a much higher chance of a rare anomoly drop for crafting.
You could hang around in broken Ker'rat and get jumped by the same 10 feds over and over again, i guess.

As a fed, I can seem to play for hours.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
At each new level you get 2 new story missions. 'Bringing down the house' and 'The House always wins' are only worth like 100 XP each, but there well made missions and fun to play. Plus the feature episodes are AWESOME and worth like 500 XP each. There are 14 of those now AND they're replayable. Plus the dalies from all those are good for a few hundred XP too.

The REAL meat of your XP is with the sorties though. The optional objectives are tough, but if you can do Alpha + Bravo + path of the warrior you got nearly 1000 XP in one go. Plus thats not to mention all the ships you'll blow up along the way.

If you can stand the empire defence missions, the first two missions you do in each location are worth the most XP... after that you'll get diminishing returns so dont bother.

If you dont mind grinding and just want to level up ASAP, the best XP per effort is done by replaying one of the devidian series missions ('Everything Old Is New' IIRC) as its easy and still worth the same XP as any other mission.
Wow! Thank you for this post! I never even thought about replaying missions for the purpose of leveling. You just gave me a reason to level my Cm. 2 Orion that I have wanted to max level for some time now.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
We have LOADS of content... stop whining and act like a REAL Klingon. :p

I went up a full level at the weekend without doing a single PvP match, star cluster, or empire defense mission. You dont NEED to grind anymore.
we have loads of repeatable content, what missions do you get through commander level. im not talking about ow we have bad xp cos we dont if we do repeatable stuff, but what do we have that is fresh and challanging through the ranks. patrols might be a bit naff but on them atleast you go up against dif mobs, explore the sectors and get a feel for the galaxy.