Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Fail Cryptic. Give your artist a mandatory job of watching TOS, TNG, and DS9 at least. I'm a graphics artist in training and even my amateur eye can spot a lot of problems.

Issues with the wallpaper
- SUBJECTIVE ART QUALITY: Too large a disparity in sharpness between ship, planet background, and the foreground fight. Its as if someone copy-pasted the ship model on a low-resolution space background, made it look like it was drawn in, then drew in the vulcan vs klingon fight.

- SHIP INNACCURACIES: Why are there blue warp trails but no impulse red trails? This also lacks windows as the ingame model has on the underside of the saucer section.

- VULCAN INNACURACIES: First off, wtf ears, and secondly, their blood chemistry is copper-based, thus they should bleed and bruise in a green tint, instead of our iron-based blood red. Also, she's wearing a non-standard science kit, if that is even a science kit on a science officer to begin with.

- KLINGON INNACURACIES: Where are her ears? I barely see a hint of it on the right side, I dont see any hint of it on the left. What, did the ear slider slide waaay into the Vulcan when this was made? She's also not wearing the usual military-style uniform many, many, MANY Klingons wear. Heck, it would be more accurate if she wore something as risque as what the Duras' sisters wore.

- TOS-STYLE PHASER 2 IN 2410: First off, as much as it would still make sense to use such a weapon since its still viable, its far from standard issue. Also, the Trek fandom know TNG more now than TOS, so it makes more marketing sense to have her hold a TNG-style phaser instead of a Phaser2 from TOS era. Secondly, the actual weapon shows innacuracies as well. Emitter isnt centered. Handle and rear body length is too long. Its as if we're looking at a very small Vulcan, barely 4ft in height, holding a gun that's too big for her hands. It makes the Klingon fighting her a 5ft tall Klingon, and I dont know about you all, thats also short for a Klingon female. Because of that, it looks like she's holding a size-reduced bat'leth for her small stature.

I'm sorry Cryptic, I can only give you 2 unimpressed fans out of 5.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazumaKat
Fail Cryptic. Give your artist a mandatory job of watching TOS, TNG, and DS9 at least. I'm a graphics artist in training and even my amateur eye can spot a lot of problems.

Issues with the wallpaper
- SUBJECTIVE ART QUALITY: Too large a disparity in sharpness between ship, planet background, and the foreground fight. Its as if someone copy-pasted the ship model on a low-resolution space background, made it look like it was drawn in, then drew in the vulcan vs klingon fight.

- SHIP INNACCURACIES: Why are there blue warp trails but no impulse red trails? This also lacks windows as the ingame model has on the underside of the saucer section.

- VULCAN INNACURACIES: First off, wtf ears, and secondly, their blood chemistry is copper-based, thus they should bleed and bruise in a green tint, instead of our iron-based blood red. Also, she's wearing a non-standard science kit, if that is even a science kit on a science officer to begin with.

- KLINGON INNACURACIES: Where are her ears? I barely see a hint of it on the right side, I dont see any hint of it on the left. What, did the ear slider slide waaay into the Vulcan when this was made? She's also not wearing the usual military-style uniform many, many, MANY Klingons wear. Heck, it would be more accurate if she wore something as risque as what the Duras' sisters wore.

- TOS-STYLE PHASER 2 IN 2410: First off, as much as it would still make sense to use such a weapon since its still viable, its far from standard issue. Also, the Trek fandom know TNG more now than TOS, so it makes more marketing sense to have her hold a TNG-style phaser instead of a Phaser2 from TOS era. Secondly, the actual weapon shows innacuracies as well. Emitter isnt centered. Handle and rear body length is too long. Its as if we're looking at a very small Vulcan, barely 4ft in height, holding a gun that's too big for her hands. It makes the Klingon fighting her a 5ft tall Klingon, and I dont know about you all, thats also short for a Klingon female. Because of that, it looks like she's holding a size-reduced bat'leth for her small stature.

I'm sorry Cryptic, I can only give you 2 unimpressed fans out of 5.
i betcha if the vulcan-elf chick was turned around you wouldnt have as much to criticize
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-28-2011, 10:56 PM
I think the artworks are totaly amazing.

You can find the original artwork on the ar****t website....

http://cheryl-johnson.com

Here is the original artwork
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-28-2011, 11:38 PM
No one noticed, the Klingon, doesn't even HAVE ears....

And for the record, that is from Feb of 2010. so its a bit old.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-28-2011, 11:51 PM
The Klingon is enjoying this fight, WAY too much.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-01-2011, 12:22 AM
"everyone misses the part about tolerance"

lol our fleet said HTFU
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
"everyone misses the part about tolerance"

lol our fleet said HTFU
The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. ~Ralph W. Sockman

EDIT=now for my witch side. That also means, IF your fleet had any strength (majority) than tolerance would be a virtue and act of honor. IF your fleet mattered (minority) courage would be standing up for more than ego, but hey, read what you want into it and live your life as hard as you think you are. My tolerance allows me to laugh myself to sleep at your post.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-01-2011, 01:12 AM
seemes like klingon forplay to me and not a fight .... im sure they swing that way too

and she's most likely half vulcan was spock blood ever green in Tos ? i don't recall
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-01-2011, 01:20 AM
not to mention the Klingon is wearing pointy shoes... and no.. I don't mean spiky.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
No one noticed, the Klingon, doesn't even HAVE ears.
They'd also be a lot less worried about her ears if they noticed that she has one A-cup and the other pushing a double-D.