Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP in the Coliseum!
02-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Imagine it if you will: You have an arena like in Coliseum except there are 6 portals total leading into the arena. 2 gates for each group to choose from to rescue the prisoners and 1 each for the starting portal into the arena.

You will start from the cage area of your side of the map between the two other gates and have to run into the arena to start the match and after you die.

Goal: Kill opponents in the arena and choose one of the 2 gates in the back and open it. One of those gates will free 5 prisoners that will run accross to the safty of your start zone. The other gate however, will unleash a group of wild beasts into the match. You must rescue 25 Prisoners from the enemy!

Each time you successfully find a group of prisoners 5 of them will attempt to run accross the arena to the other side. They are targetable and can be killed by either NPC beasts or opposing faction forces. Successfull rescue of 25 prisoners wins the match.

Once a gate has been opened and the contents released into the arena the gates reset so the outcome maybe the same or the opposite by choosing the same gate.

The opposing faction may not enter the opponents gates and the prisoner gates are a simple animation but lead nowhere else.

The only place you can go is from your start point into the arena. Once you enter the arena the only way out is to die(back to your start point) or win/loose to end the match.

I think this sounds like it could be a fun PvP matchup!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2011, 05:38 AM
I'm suprised there are no reactions. This is actually a great idea for after this featured series. Even if it's just so TOS fans can amok time the hell out of each other. I'm not that far on the KDF side so I don't know if it's already ingame but pvp bat'leth tournaments in arenas such as that would make a great klingon content addition.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2011, 05:54 AM
we could make a gladiator scenario!!

Good Ideas OP, would love to see it
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2011, 08:09 AM
I'd love this as a dedicated melee arena complete with amok time music. I could just spend hours fighting off player opponents. I'd want it limited like it was in the mission. No BOs, no abilities. just a weapon and your 3 melee attacks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryecrash View Post
I'd love this as a dedicated melee arena complete with amok time music. I could just spend hours fighting off player opponents. I'd want it limited like it was in the mission. No BOs, no abilities. just a weapon and your 3 melee attacks.
IMHO, For that to be moderately entertaining, they would need to add a LOT more melee attack options, combos, and perhaps some renewed animation, for that to be entertaining enough to draw people in.

Running around in circles typing 123222111221222111222121222333333222232213123 would get old in minutes.

Keeping the grass, for heals (limited), and perhaps a few other area consumables would be an other nice added touch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2011, 08:33 AM
This a great idea. To spice it up the worms could pop up on occasion to mess with things as well.

Going of this, there could be a co-op arena where the players have to defend themselves for a period of time without dying. Spring regen weeds around the arena to help with healing that spawn in random locations. This would be different than the mission in that you don't have all the other stuff from the mission. You could also add a gaming element in that other players could make latinum wagers down on whether the combatants succeed or fail. To add incentive, the combatants would get a slice of the winnings. Perhaps even add new melee weapons that could be purchasable at the arena for latinum that would give more reason for the currency.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2011, 09:50 AM
How about introducing new forms of combat to STO, Non Lethal combat like seen in the Star Trek Universe, and or physical games. It would be neat to see a faction neutral Arena complex built, were people could either casually, or via (a more modern) queue, team up to take on opponents of their, or opposing factions.

Space stations, or planets deep wihtin their respective territories could also have arenas for such competition or "training" for members within your faction.

There are many examples of non lethal games to choose from within Star Trek Canon

- Parrises squares
- Fencing
- Anbo-jyutsu
- Tsunkatse
- Blunt Bat'Leth sparring
etc..

It would be awesome to have a bit of variety, and possibly even a battle and or training complex added to the game!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2011, 09:52 AM
This is a fantastic idea, BUT...

There needs to be a viewing gallery....

And of course .......Quatloos....

And if at all possible, keep the Ferengi out. Always cutting into profits...The pests!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2011, 10:00 AM
They could always add the Tsunkatse ring from Voyager. It was arena combat in season six. I would think they would have to add some more melee combos.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Good idea! We need more pvp maps and this one would be a good start.

That said: Did anyone else feel like they were in the wrong game when the combat started in the arena?
I was expecting to fight other alpha quadrant sentients, not a sarlacc.