Lt. Commander
# 1 Spacelab Regula 1
03-01-2011, 08:49 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I would really like to see it somewhere in the game.

It was a style of space station that was used again and again in the tv series, and I think it would also make a good interior map to explore if it was done like in The Wrath of Khan.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2011, 08:54 AM
heh im all for another space station to explore
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2011, 09:10 AM
This would be cool. I would love to see the TMP/TWOK Regula-type space station. I would also like to see more variety of interiors of these stations. The standard old style Memory Alpha and Klingon interiors gets boring after awhile. I would love to see more variety in the types of stations we visit. It seems everyone goes to Sam and Joe's Interior Decorating for all their space station and base designs.

However, in having said that, I would not want Devs working on new interiors for bases/starbases if it takes away from the gameplay (episodes, remastered missions, bugs, etc.).
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Personally I wish more of them were as efficient as K7, and 39. Having most everything in one room is efficient! But, having more rooms, with more features would be great.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Foundry Space Stations
03-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaith View Post
Personally I wish more of them were as efficient as K7, and 39. Having most everything in one room is efficient! But, having more rooms, with more features would be great.

It may be in the future that space stations designed by players/devs using the foundry tools might (for the best ones) become fixtures in the STO Holodeck. For example, if power fails do space stations like ESD have stairs/ramps...ie some alternate access to different decks? Station overrun with wild alien growth and lifeforms (a la Metamorphoses Alpha). Wrecked station explored by pc/BO away team in spacesuits?

Also as a possibility is that if a space station is discovered and explored by a player their Fleet (if in a fleet) could begin working to restore it or if not in a fleet the player might 'sell' the location to someone else. If allowed on the Holodeck the system/station would be available to other players. PvP (which I don't do) might be an option here for those who like it. The possibilities are wide open.

Good thread start OP!