Lt. Commander
hello,

im a great fan of STO and i hope i will see the playable romulans before im in pension

i want to show you one of my favorite romulan ship between (d'deridex and valdore) and i hope to see it in the future. its called GRIFFIN-CLASS.

http://img291.imageshack.us/slidesho...1030201591.png

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2011, 05:30 PM
who the hell puts a duck tail on a Romulan vessel??
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2011, 05:31 PM
also your avatar seems to be making pandas
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2011, 05:32 PM
lol ok you can put a caitian tail on it ^^
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Sadly, it's not very likely to be added to the game since it's not canon, as they'd have to pay licensing costs. However, I wish they would get Romulan and Cardassian designs from Armada 2, since neither of them have enough canon variants to flesh out a playable faction.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Sadly, it's not very likely to be added to the game since it's not canon, as they'd have to pay licensing costs. However, I wish they would get Romulan and Cardassian designs from Armada 2, since neither of them have enough canon variants to flesh out a playable faction.
STO is set several years after the last movie or tv series aired. I'm not really sure why we can't have ship designs that are not considered canon enter the game so long as they have the "feel" of that particular faction. Not that I'm a lawyer or authority on the subject but if Cryptic came up with their own ship designs, I don't think they'd have to pay anyone for it. Though ships from another game might have to be paid for since they're from a different game studio entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranman1988 View Post
STO is set several years after the last movie or tv series aired. I'm not really sure why we can't have ship designs that are not considered canon enter the game so long as they have the "feel" of that particular faction. Not that I'm a lawyer or authority on the subject but if Cryptic came up with their own ship designs, I don't think they'd have to pay anyone for it. Though ships from another game might have to be paid for since they're from a different game studio entirely.
They can come up with their own designs free of charge as long as CBS approves the design. They just can't use ships from other games unless they pay licensing fees to the rights holder, or unless CBS themselves hold the rights and chooses to let Cryptic add it to the game.

The reason I mentioned licensing fees is because the Romulan ship in the OP is from Star Trek: Armada 2, unless I'm mistaken.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
The reason I mentioned licensing fees is because the Romulan ship in the OP is from Star Trek: Armada 2, unless I'm mistaken.
Both Armada games, yes. I'd love to see the devs use the Griffon as well as the Shrike class ships from those games to round out the Romulan/Reman faction. Assuming they could pry the rights out of Activisions claws, that is.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Nightblade View Post
Both Armada games, yes. I'd love to see the devs use the Griffon as well as the Shrike class ships from those games to round out the Romulan/Reman faction. Assuming they could pry the rights out of Activisions claws, that is.
There are so many ships from those games I'd like to see in STO. They could easily get enough Romulan and Cardassian designs from those games to round out those factions once they're made playable. There are some really good Romulan, Cardassian, and Borg designs from Armada. It would definitely be worth it for the devs to the get the rights to all the ships from Activision.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-01-2011, 07:46 PM
I want to see the "vertical" d'deridex