Lt. Commander
# 31
03-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acceleron
Are there above view shots? and shots from the other side?
I'm interested
Rear view.

It's from Voyager: "Scorpion, Part II".
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Rear view.

It's from Voyager: "Scorpion, Part II".
There you go. Nice find, Happy.
The Google is strong with this one.

Lt. Commander
# 33
03-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Quick thought for the design. How about the nacelle part gets relocated towards the center of the hull. (I am assuming that is where the warp core is located.) And both engines get the borg look. I think that would look really sharp.

I know that its probably too late for any changes to the engines, but I figured what the hell.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Symmetry and the Borg is something that i have noticed a lot of people misunderstand.

Borg ships, Borg tech and Borg drones are NOT symmetrical at all.
What Borg cubes and spheres and the diamond are is "geometric", but if you actually look carefully at the detail of the surface you will find that it is very haphazard and not at all symmetrical.
Borg Drones are even more obvious with the singular replacement of limbs and eyes and location of implants etc.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-01-2011, 12:36 PM
I always thought the Borg ships were ruined in Voyager with the neon green and orange lighting.

By far, the TNG and First Contact cubes had a better design, the white and orange lighting very subtle which enhanced the scale, also the framework on the outside that allowed you to see the parallax of the interior was much more visually interesting when they moved.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Is there a way to take a "bright" screen shot? Tried taking the picture with earth in the background and increasing the bright scale, but it is still pretty dark.