Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
I've seen a lot of debate about the Open Jacket, but I wanted to make a separate thread to compile all the needed changes.

Change (or add as an option):
- TNG Film Open jacket to use the correct undershirt Reference
- Deep Space Nine Open Jacket to use the correct undershirt: reference (also note, Dstahl used an image of Tuvok in Voy: "Gravity" to demonstrate how this uniform would be shown)
- For the Captain's Variant, enable the option to show the jacket if desired (note that the Captain's Variant had suede texture, with leather shoulders): reference
- For completely-open jackets, allow them to hang/move freely (as opposed to being "skin tight")

Add as an option:
- Undershirts for females wearing the Open Jacket A / B Cryptic uniforms
- No Undershirts for males wearing the Open Jacket A / B Cryptic uniforms
- adjustable "openness" for open jackets (i.e. is it barely open, or almost falling off)
- slider for the zipper on A/B cryptic uniforms (mostly zipped, or almost unzipped)
- partial zipper for DS9 / TNG film uniforms

Open Jackets still needed:
- Enterprise
- Admiral variants (once closed versions are added, of course)

Feel free to make your suggestions, and I'll add them to the list)
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Agreed, the TNG film and DS9 undershirts need to be added. You could alter the color of the Picard turtleneck to your department color but something just isn't quite right.

Also, being able to alter how open the uniform jackets are would be nice too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2011, 09:18 PM
I noticed on my female trill the StarTrek movie open jacket gives you the option to change the middle colour but it does nothing once you select it. I'm assuming it's for the collar and the undershirt.

The collar stays it's greyish colour and the undershirt stays an off white no matter what colour you select. I'm hoping this is a bug.

http://img641.imageshack.us/i/55222968.jpg/
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonJean
I noticed on my female trill the StarTrek movie open jacket gives you the option to change the middle colour but it does nothing once you select it. I'm assuming it's for the collar and the undershirt.

The collar stays it's greyish colour and the undershirt stays an off white no matter what colour you select. I'm hoping this is a bug.

http://img641.imageshack.us/i/55222968.jpg/
That sounds like a bug...you should report that using the in-game bug system. (This thread is more for suggestions than bug reports.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2011, 09:37 PM
I don't think it is likely we will get an adjustable version because I think they are fixed meshes, but I would like to see an undershirt for the female, and/or a non undershirt for the males.

I did buy the pack, but I kinda resented it, even at the cheap price, because some of the uniforms are not open, they just have a wide strip missing down the middle... an open jacket hangs differently to when it is closed, so although I appreciate the work that went into the pack, I really think it wasn't allowed enough development time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
I've seen a lot of debate about the Open Jacket, but I wanted to make a separate thread to compile all the needed changes.

Change (or add as an option):
- TNG Film Open jacket to use the correct undershirt Reference
- Deep Space Nine Open Jacket to use the correct undershirt: reference (also note, Dstahl used an image of Tuvok in Voy: "Gravity" to demonstrate how this uniform would be shown)
- For the Captain's Variant, enable the option to show the jacket if desired (note that the Captain's Variant had suede texture, with leather shoulders): reference
- For completely-open jackets, allow them to hang/move freely (as opposed to being "skin tight")

Add as an option:
- Undershirts for females wearing the Open Jacket A / B Cryptic uniforms
- No Undershirts for males wearing the Open Jacket A / B Cryptic uniforms
- adjustable "openness" for open jackets (i.e. is it barely open, or almost falling off)
- slider for the zipper on A/B cryptic uniforms (mostly zipped, or almost unzipped)
- partial zipper for DS9 / TNG film uniforms

Open Jackets still needed:
- Enterprise
- Admiral variants (once closed versions are added, of course)
I really like these suggestions. I hope they make the changes soon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2011, 12:33 PM
I would have bought the new uniforms if it also had the version with the shirt for women and without the shirt for the men. This will not be something I will spend money on unless it changes.

We need more equality in the game. It's the 25th century after all.

We also need the skants for both females and males.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
I would have bought the new uniforms if it also had the version with the shirt for women and without the shirt for the men. This will not be something I will spend money on unless it changes.

We need more equality in the game. It's the 25th century after all.

We also need the skants for both females and males.
I agree with this, and also with the OP. At least get it right.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Finally, a legitimate concern about these outfits and not another "we want to see cleavage" debate.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-12-2011, 06:46 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see these fixed - considering that the current 'TNG Film' and 'DS9' open jacket variants never actually appeared on-screen (...because they're just made-up 'mashups' of the DS9/TNG Movie jackets over the TNG Captain's shirt variant), it's practically false advertising at present.

Not that this is ever going to get noticed, mind - correcting errors like these always seems to be low on the priorities list, somehow...