Lt. Commander
I think my sleeping mind was ****ed off with me. Without going into great detail I dreamed that scientists had discovered a singularity (black hole) had entered the solar system and was heading straight for the sun.

My dream was basically a series frightened depressed moments of looking up a sun whose gasses are being drawn away to an ever expanding accretion disk, trying to comfort my wife and sun, and watching the world go to hell. It even had one of those moments where you realize its a dream and want to wake up but can't. Carl Sagan coming to my front door to sell me a survival bunker was a dead give away.

Any thoughts on how I can avenge myself upon my sleeping mind for putting me through that?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Yeah... Next time bring a book on physics to your dream and tell the black hole to sod off!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Telling your mind that the dream was scientifically inaccurate may lead to it becoming embarrassed and giving you pleasant dreams for a while.

(Damn, ninja'd by the post above :p)
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2011, 12:02 PM
pretend your a mad scientist and the blackhole was your idea and everything is going according to plan.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2011, 12:02 PM
I'd suggest something, but my DAY dreams are twisted enough.

I swear - too much Poe.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2011, 12:07 PM
That's like the one I had where me and a bunch of guys from my submarine crew were chasing a bad guy into a very large warehouse. off in the corner this warehouse was a full sized Saturn V rocket. We would chase the guy up an elevator, then over a catwalk towards the rocket, where then everyone would proceed to fail to make the jump across a break in the catwalk. after "landing" some 300 feet below, we'd all pick up ourselves off the floor, and start the chase all over again. The really infuriating part i, it was a Lucid Dream for me. couldn't convince the guys to quit going back up and trying to make that dang jump each and everytime.

As for a Black Hole in the solar syatem, that's pretty much the main premise of the Starblazers: Resurrection movie they made back in 2009.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2011, 12:09 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2011, 12:09 PM
I once had a dream where G W Bush had ordered a nuclear strike against some target but it ended up just killing a lot of innocent civilians. The whole world was extremely upset with the US, and in a desperate bargain to make reparations everyone who was remotely involved in the operation was sentenced to death. In the dream I was working at the air-base where the attack came from. So I, along with many others, were rounded up and executed.

How's that for subconscious fears? Yes that was my real dream, It was scary, I really thought I was going to die (and I did in the dream). The "fun" part is how we were all killed. There were so many people involved that it was decided to just to herd us all into a spot where an asteroid was going to hit the earth. Talk about going out with a bang.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Whats most annoying about the dream is that it was one of those loooong ones. Like a movie who's made its message clear early on but keeps going on and on. Carl Sagan was a nice cameo appearance though. I do give a dream an extra star rating if it tosses in a celebrity. And if it was a movie I'd say the FX for the sky was amazing even if it was lacking scientific accuracy.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-01-2011, 12:25 PM
I once had a dream that Legos were invading the Earth.