Lt. Commander
# 91
03-03-2011, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greycobalt View Post
The canon was established, it's how it is. They said it a bunch of times in the show.
"No passion in the world is equal to the passion to alter someone else's draft." -H.G. Wells

Lt. Commander
# 92
03-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Let me just point out that while the Voyager show postulated that this could have happened over 75 million years ago, there are people in the real world today who think aliens have been visiting Earth for centuries and provide all kinds of questionable (BS) evidence. Space-faring dinosaurs are a lot more plausible to me, thanks.

And they came from Mars. :p
Lt. Commander
# 93
03-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
Can I say, the idea of the Voth being from earth before man, is very much like the sillurians from doctor who.
Wow, they even look a lot like the Voth, (A little more fish like though)
Lt. Commander
# 94
03-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavenji View Post
Let me just point out that while the Voyager show postulated that this could have happened over 75 million years ago, there are people in the real world today who think aliens have been visiting Earth for centuries and provide all kinds of questionable (BS) evidence. Space-faring dinosaurs are a lot more plausible to me, thanks.

And they came from Mars. :p
You can live in blissful ignorance but some of us don't ignore the evidence screaming at us in front of our faces.
Lt. Commander
# 95
03-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Wow, they even look a lot like the Voth, (A little more fish like though)
They actually look more lizardlike now
Lt. Commander
# 96
03-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
They actually look more lizardlike now
Oh. I don't at all follow Doctor who. I don't like time travel and universe bending stuff and all that. And I understand Doctor who has a lot of that. :p
Lt. Commander
# 97
03-03-2011, 09:50 AM
What we have here are two groups of people.

The group I'm with hates things that make no sense. We don't like ignoring evidence. We don't like being ignorant to the facts. We accept the implausibility of the situation and the Voth are strikingly unrealistic because of it.

The Voth's origin would be better suited if only their genetics were from earth. Maybe they were moved by some larger force. They just did not evolve on Earth. The idea is just too incompatible with modern thinking, common sense and logic.

The evidence presented here by various members is undeniable except by those that are in denial. The VOTH evolved through either natural or artificial means... somewhere else. They may have originated from Earth but they certainly didn't obtain anything close to a civilization here.
It doesn't destroy canon and it makes sense in both lore and real world standards. It's the best fit and the most likely.
Lt. Commander
# 98
03-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I hate the idea that a species of intellect evolved on Earth before the humans. Ridiculous. There would be proof.
You proceed from false assumption. Dinosaurs went extinct 64 million years ago. That's plenty of time for the evidence to be destroyed by natural processes.
Lt. Commander
# 99
03-03-2011, 10:11 AM
I loved the Voth story, thought it was among the best episodes in VOY. So what if it is unrealistic, IT'S FICTION!

I think it would be great if there were episodes where the Voth come home. It would present some good story, great battles and complex diplomacy. We could get a Voth BO upon completion; that poison dart claw would be a nice melee trick. There could even be a fleet battle against a Voth city ship.
Lt. Commander
# 100
03-03-2011, 10:12 AM
I wish people would stop just reading the first post then quoting it. A lot has gone on in 10 pages. If you're unwilling to read it stop responding. Of course this post won't get read by them either.
Closed Thread