Lt. Commander
# 51
03-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingi
The cretaceous period which ended in the extinction that is presumed to have prompted the Voth ancesters (be it on their own or with help) to leave earth was a warm period in earth's history, with no ice caps and glaciation only in extreme regions, certainly a very habitable world for Endotherms across a large area.
True, you do have a point there. But I'm talking about the development and expansion of their civilization, which we do not know the timing of. It could have developed right after the mass Extinction event, or during the early Cretaceous period, when it was cooler. Perhaps it wasn't climate or catastrophe that made them evacuate, but the burgeoning predator population of the Mid-Cretaceous?

Whatever the timing, the Voth evolved on Earth, developed spaceflight, and left, to wander the Galaxy for around 45 Million Years before settling in the Delta Quadrant.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Whatever the timing, the Voth evolved on Earth, developed spaceflight, and left, to wander the Galaxy for around 45 Million Years before settling in the Delta Quadrant.
Stop going against canon. In canon it was merely a theory and the only thing that could be proven was that they genetically originated from Earth. There's no canon that states outright that they evolved there.

My point with the thread is to suggest an alternative that is more plausible (and yes, factually it is) and doesn't go against canon.
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
That's your opinion.

And I don't have a problem debating opinions. I just dislike being dismissed as if my opinion is somehow less than yours.

Or statements like "impossible" or "unfeasible" when such statements are very final and uncompromising, when no such final uncompromising position is established.
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
That's your opinion.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
There's no canon that states outright that they evolved there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFPqiEDcvWo#t=9m56s

..You were saying?
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
What I was saying stands. They have the DNA of dinos. It's a theory that they evolved on Earth. Janeway was theorizing. They had no proof that's what happened. It's canon that that's what they think happened (or at least Janeway).
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
What I was saying stands. They have the DNA of dinos. It's a theory that they evolved on Earth. Janeway was theorizing. They had no proof that's what happened. It's canon that that's what they think happened (or at least Janeway).
So ignore Janeway, a Canon character (who was established in Mosaic to be a Biologist) as well as the Doctor, who has more knowledge of Biology in the Star Trek Universe than any man, woman, child, or computer that exists today, in favor of your misconstrued understanding of the word Theory when referred to a scientific finding?
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
and the "holo database"
And Chakotay
And the Doctor
And the Reptile guy who yoinked Chakotay
And the random dude in the corridor.
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Quote:
They have even less proof of any other possibility.

Look. The evidence is strongest that they came from Earth. It's the most logical conclusion. Deal with it.
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-01-2011, 07:40 PM
I was lead to believe by the episode that the advanced dinosaurs became the Atlantans, and left Earth when that continent went under. Not that the dinosaur people had already evolved into humanoid, space faring people 65 million years ago when the comet hit.

It's a lot easier to dig up evidence that is not sitting at the bottom of a huge ocean.
Closed Thread