Lt. Commander
# 11
03-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
There are so many ships from those games I'd like to see in STO. They could easily get enough Romulan and Cardassian designs from those games to round out those factions once they're made playable. There are some really good Romulan, Cardassian, and Borg designs from Armada. It would definitely be worth it for the devs to the get the rights to all the ships from Activision.
Armada definitely had some good designs, but the guys who made the Fleet Operations mod have some even better stuff, like their expanded Romulan fleet (sorry, can't find any good screens of the ships). Getting the rights to Activision's Armada designs would be great, but getting the rights to use the Fleet Operations ships would be a real coup.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
There are so many ships from those games I'd like to see in STO. They could easily get enough Romulan and Cardassian designs from those games to round out those factions once they're made playable. There are some really good Romulan, Cardassian, and Borg designs from Armada. It would definitely be worth it for the devs to the get the rights to all the ships from Activision.
Some of my favorites from Armada 2 that I'd really like to see added to Romulan and Cardassian playable factions (based on aesthetics only):

Raptor Class
Shadow Class
Veles Class
Gul Vystan class
Jannisary class
Kulinor Class
Legate Class
Rasilak class
Sartan class
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Nightblade View Post
Armada definitely had some good designs, but the guys who made the Fleet Operations mod have some even better stuff, like their expanded Romulan fleet (sorry, can't find any good screens of the ships). Getting the rights to Activision's Armada designs would be great, but getting the rights to use the Fleet Operations ships would be a real coup.
I like the Serkas and the Eresis.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Quote:
I like the Serkas and the Eresis.
They look really good in the mod. If you have a copy of Armada 2, I highly recommend downloading it and checking it out.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Nightblade View Post
They look really good in the mod. If you have a copy of Armada 2, I highly recommend downloading it and checking it out.
Sadly I don't. I really want to get copies of Armada 2, Bridge Commander, and both the Elite Forces.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManzelot
hello,

im a great fan of STO and i hope i will see the playable romulans before im in pension

i want to show you one of my favorite romulan ship between (d'deridex and valdore) and i hope to see it in the future. its called GRIFFIN-CLASS.

http://img291.imageshack.us/slidesho...1030201591.png

thanks
Mmmm...I always liked the Griffin, but I think I liked the Armada-1 Shrike better. Especially the Tal Shiar spy ability. put that guy on a starbase, and you could see every ship and station the enemy player had