Lt. Commander
# 11
03-02-2011, 03:21 PM
You know. A Local radio station here's tagline is "The River" I'm fairly sure they aren't a river.

Chill out guys.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I kinda like the tagline "The voice of STO." I don't really see any reason for it to change. It doesn't mention that it speaks for everyone anyway. Maybe it should be "A' voice of STO"
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Question for the Gozinator.

Purchasable character bank tabs. Will we ever get them? If not, why oh why? And what about other storage space options, such as cargo bay ship interiors, Tribble Terrariums, etc? What's the 411, yo?

Z
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
You know. A Local radio station here's tagline is "The River" I'm fairly sure they aren't a river.

Chill out guys.
That is not a very good comparison. The name of their station is "Subspace Radio". So "The River" in your comparison is = to "Subspace radio". Their tag line is a separate issue. "The voice of STO" would be like Fox News saying it is "the voice of the people", although a ton of people disagree with that they say.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekbaby9000 View Post
That is not a very good comparison. The name of their station is "Subspace Radio". So "The River" in your comparison is = to "Subspace radio". Their tag line is a separate issue. "The voice of STO" would be like Fox News saying it is "the voice of the people", although a ton of people disagree with that they say.
Fox News' tagline is "Fair and Balanced". There are lots of people that disagree with that. A tagline is a tagline is a tagline. Nothing more.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
Fox News' tagline is "Fair and Balanced". There are lots of people that disagree with that. A tagline is a tagline is a tagline. Nothing more.

Z
I didnt say that WAS their tag line, I said it would be LIKE them saying that. And I think there is a difference between a huge company like Fox news being questioned and a small fan site. You would think that the fan site would be more likely to listen to feedback and make adjustments accordingly. But I guess we'll see.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Hey guys could you keep this thread on topic please? Thanks

Makes it easier to read the questions hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Wow, really? Why don't you listen to SSR, and/or their past interviews before making absurd attacks on their tagline? You don't know what the station is about, what it does, or how it tries to represent the community, so why swing blindly out of ignorance instead of trying to figure out what they are about?

I mean seriously, here they are asking for YOUR questions, the STO community, asking for YOUR voice. Yet you want to attack their tagline anyway. And they very typically do this for their interviews, ask the community at large for questions.

You bet, quite often the DJs are just speaking for themselves, but I've never heard them misrepresent that. If you want your voice heard, you get involved and make it known. Hey here is a good opportunity...they are asking for your voice right here!

That said..

I would like to know what kind of mission Gozer would create if he had the power to create any mission with technology the game can't currently handle (even stuff the game could probably never handle). We know Dstahl wants V'ger, so what would Gozer do, what is Gozer's ultimate mission, who would it involve, how would it flow, what would the goal(s) be, etc?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveFatal1ty
Guys we have been here for a year and have always used that tag line. I am sorry if it is mirepresenting you. We mean no disrespect. We have been the voice of many players in the game, and for a while were the only station that covered the game. That has changed so maybe we need to look at some changes as well.

Again no disrespect intended but this is the first time we have had anyone comment on that.
As you can see from my post, 10 posts ago, I addressed the concern directly. I said maybe we need to look at some changes. I was referring to the tagline.

I have worked in radio and every station has a tagline. The River is their tagline most likely as the station goes by call letters, for example KVTS. They may go by KVTS - His Wave. As it was pointed out a tagline is a tagline. And I I stated maybe it is time to reevaluate ours. This thread has gotten so off topic it is silly.

We are interviewing Gozer, and as Foxrocks stated, we are wanting questions to ask. We have done this with every single interview we have done. So technically I guess we can be called the voice of star trek online since we take player submitted questions and ask the devs, Stahl, actors/actresses, or whoever it is we interview. We don't come up with the questions.

So with that in mind, please submit your questions. We still have a few hours before the live interview.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveFatal1ty
As you can see from my post, 10 posts ago, I addressed the concern directly. I said maybe we need to look at some changes. I was referring to the tagline.

I have worked in radio and every station has a tagline. The River is their tagline most likely as the station goes by call letters, for example KVTS. They may go by KVTS - His Wave. As it was pointed out a tagline is a tagline. And I I stated maybe it is time to reevaluate ours. This thread has gotten so off topic it is silly.

We are interviewing Gozer, and as Foxrocks stated, we are wanting questions to ask. We have done this with every single interview we have done. So technically I guess we can be called the voice of star trek online since we take player submitted questions and ask the devs, Stahl, actors/actresses, or whoever it is we interview. We don't come up with the questions.

So with that in mind, please submit your questions. We still have a few hours before the live interview.
Hope the interview goes well for you all over at Subspace, looking forward to it

My question is this. What's your least favourite part of STO and what do you think could be done to improve it?

Also, if you were to create a Foundry episode. What would it be about and which enemy would we be facing