Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-02-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm pretty sure that's just if you want to migrate it from a GBA game, but again, I'm not totally sure. No-one really knows for sure what will happen. And if need be, it's a little underhanded, but by the time I get the game, there will probably be an Action Replay code to help me get around that barrier.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Action Replay will work.

You can also trade someone who's already beaten the game who has older Pokemon. This must be from Black or White versions though.

Migrating from older versions is impossible if you haven't beaten then game yet except for the few exceptions.

So you do have options. I'd go with Action Replay.

We know this because the game has been released early on accident in some stores and it's been out in Japan for a long while. The Japanese AR codes will probably work too.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Resisting...urge...to make...race joke...

I'm not really racist. People say I'm one of the least racist people they know. But I make jokes about everything. Race is no different for me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Yeah, but I'm not talking about migrating from one of the GBA games. I'm talking about trading from HeartGold/SoulSilver. Will that not work either, or am I going to have to break out the codes?
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-02-2011, 09:22 PM
That won't work either. You have to cheat or get it from someone who's already beaten the game.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
Yeah, but I'm not talking about migrating from one of the GBA games. I'm talking about trading from HeartGold/SoulSilver. Will that not work either, or am I going to have to break out the codes?
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml

tl;dr version: From B/W you go to the PokeShifter, on your DS with D/P/HG/SS you go to download and download the pokeshifter to your DS, and then you transfer over the pokemon you want to, sort of like how Pal Park worked between the DS generation and the GBA generation.

Which is going to take forever by the way. I have my boxes full of nearly everything (I'm at about 430/493, and I always keep one of each stage of evolution).
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-03-2011, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexeme
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml

tl;dr version: From B/W you go to the PokeShifter, on your DS with D/P/HG/SS you go to download and download the pokeshifter to your DS, and then you transfer over the pokemon you want to, sort of like how Pal Park worked between the DS generation and the GBA generation.

Which is going to take forever by the way. I have my boxes full of nearly everything (I'm at about 430/493, and I always keep one of each stage of evolution).
I recently obtained every Pokemon from 4th Gen on down including preevolutions. Well, I had collected them all over the years and completed my Pokedex quite some time ago without cheating(unless you count trades where I cannot tell the legitimacy of certain Pokemon; not my fault!), but I realized I had gotten rid of some of my Pokemon and had to obtain some again.

PokeShifter is going to take forever, but it's a lot better than the old systems; thankfully we don't have to wait 24 hours in between transferring Pokemon..

That said, if anyone needs an egg from any Pokemon from 1st to 4th Gen(that can have eggs), I can get a few. :p Just don't expect me to hatch them.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-03-2011, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonaos View Post
That said, if anyone needs an egg from any Pokemon(that can have eggs), I can get a few. :p Just don't expect me to hatch them.
The only ones I really need anyway are Jirachi and Shaymin.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-03-2011, 02:43 AM
Quote:
I do believe I have extras of those, but I'd have to check. Of course, I really should be asleep so I can't check now. Heh.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-03-2011, 03:37 AM
I'm debating wheter or not to get Black/White given how SoulSilver kinda bored me. Up untill SS, I've got every version of the main Pokemon Games, starting with R/B/Y, Might eventually get HeartGold and both of the newer ones, but I'm not sure

Quote:
I'm I've got a Jirachi and Shaymin somewhere on Pearl or Platinium. I'll double check when I get home this evening.