Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
03-09-2011, 09:41 AM
uh, Sumibe, that would (probably) break every single piece of IX-XI gear in the game (all of which require a certain <RANK>).

Like I said, problem with using one variable for everything.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
03-09-2011, 02:33 PM
i completly agree with this thread because it just seems wrong....

thats all i got :/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
03-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
uh, Sumibe, that would (probably) break every single piece of IX-XI gear in the game (all of which require a certain <RANK>).

Like I said, problem with using one variable for everything.
Nonsense, the equipment eligibility is driven off of level (ie 21 versus 31 versus 41, etc). It would be absolutely ridiculous to evaluate that against the label attached to those levels.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
03-10-2011, 02:35 PM
It is one of those minor yet hihgly annoying matters indeed.

As stated before any Admiral should be adressed as Admiral end of story.

Same for a Lieutenant Commander is also adressed as Commander.

Lt JG is also adressed as Lt

sigh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
03-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
Lt JG is also adressed as Lt

sigh.
There is no Lt JG rank they just give you the rank pip/braid for it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
03-11-2011, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
There is no Lt JG rank they just give you the rank pip/braid for it.
It was an example of how people are addressed
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
03-11-2011, 07:40 AM
There already is the option to choose the prefered title if you earned it. I was a dissapointed to see the NPCs did not cared that it still is at captain.

Should not be that hard to switch the NPCs from:

"Thank you <PlayerLevelRank> <PlayerLastName>"
to
"Thank you <PlayerChoosenTitle> <PlayerLastName>"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
03-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothername View Post
There already is the option to choose the prefered title if you earned it. I was a dissapointed to see the NPCs did not cared that it still is at captain.

Should not be that hard to switch the NPCs from:

"Thank you <PlayerLevelRank> <PlayerLastName>"
to
"Thank you <PlayerChoosenTitle> <PlayerLastName>"
That's what I've been advocating for months, now - add a wildcard to rank titles, with appropriate effects on dialogue, so instead of:
"Greetings, <rankname> <player>..."
...you'd have
"Greetings, <titlerank> <player>..."
At the same time, the new dialogue options would include proper addresses, rather than using the full, unaltered titles:
  • "Lieutenant" for Lieutenant, Junior Grade* and Lieutenant
  • "Commander" for Lieutenant Commander and Commander
  • "Captain" for Captain and Fleet Captain*
  • "Commodore" for Commodore*
  • "Admiral" for Rear Admiral, Lower/Upper Half and Vice Admiral

*Commodore is apparently coming as a title option for something eventually, and I figure adding 'Lieutenant, Junior Grade' and 'Fleet Captain' would be easy enough, for those that want them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
03-14-2011, 09:48 AM
The "Rear Admiral, Lower/Upper Half" issue is just as glaring as any graphics glich and should be given the same amount of consideration in fixing it as soon as possible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
03-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Shepherd
That's what I've been advocating for months, now - add a wildcard to rank titles, with appropriate effects on dialogue, so instead of:
"Greetings, <rankname> <player>..."
...you'd have
"Greetings, <titlerank> <player>..."
At the same time, the new dialogue options would include proper addresses, rather than using the full, unaltered titles:
  • "Lieutenant" for Lieutenant, Junior Grade* and Lieutenant
  • "Commander" for Lieutenant Commander and Commander
  • "Captain" for Captain and Fleet Captain*
  • "Commodore" for Commodore*
  • "Admiral" for Rear Admiral, Lower/Upper Half and Vice Admiral

*Commodore is apparently coming as a title option for something eventually, and I figure adding 'Lieutenant, Junior Grade' and 'Fleet Captain' would be easy enough, for those that want them.
Yeah it's for fleets which when thinking about it makes since.

Also I argee with your suggested changes.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:11 PM.