Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
We have many events during the week and ALL our new recruits keep getting confused by this one event (and keep signing up to it!) that is NO LONGER happening. But we can't get rid of this event, even though the person who had created and run it is no longer with us... this is RIDICULOUS. It's turned into a weekly thing that leaves the new recruits confused and us officers annoyed. We should have the power (or at least I should, being the Fleet Admiral) to REMOVE OTHER PEOPLE'S EVENTS. I don't know what bug this is but I've heard other people mention it before and it still has not been fixed.

I realize everyone has priorities but c'mon, Cryptic, this sort of thing affects the ENTIRE FLEET and should be fixed STAT.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Agreed. My fleet ended up having to tell everyone to put people they had never even heard of on their ignore lists, just so that obsolete events would stop showing up in the lists (kinda confuses new members, 'Welcome to the fleet. Just left us know if you have any questions. BTW, here is a list of people we want you to ignore'.).
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2011, 03:38 AM
This is quite needed. I had an event by an MIA member but luckily it wasn't recurring.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
We have many events during the week and ALL our new recruits keep getting confused by this one event (and keep signing up to it!) that is NO LONGER happening. But we can't get rid of this event, even though the person who had created and run it is no longer with us... this is RIDICULOUS. It's turned into a weekly thing that leaves the new recruits confused and us officers annoyed. We should have the power (or at least I should, being the Fleet Admiral) to REMOVE OTHER PEOPLE'S EVENTS. I don't know what bug this is but I've heard other people mention it before and it still has not been fixed.

I realize everyone has priorities but c'mon, Cryptic, this sort of thing affects the ENTIRE FLEET and should be fixed STAT.
Fleet founder/creator can cancel and remove events in our fleets events screen

I found that the person that made the event could only cancel it, but not remove the cancelled 1, had to get the fleet founder to log in and she could removed it completely...

hope this helps
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
Fleet founder/creator can cancel and remove events in our fleets events screen

I found that the person that made the event could only cancel it, but not remove the cancelled 1, had to get the fleet founder to log in and she could removed it completely...

hope this helps
I wish it did.. I AM the Fleet Founder and I can't remove it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Everything to do with Fleets needs to be revamped and improved. The fleet event area is extremely weak and frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
Everything to do with Fleets needs to be revamped and improved. The fleet event area is extremely weak and frustrating.
What do Fleets,fleet actions,PvP and STF's have in common.....? Cryptic =
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Yeah well its weird they are making the most AMAZING content, but they won't fix a little bug like this that affects ALL fleets?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2011, 05:23 PM
They need to do a major fleet revamp. Mine keep randomly changing times and days.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Yeah, the event system has always been a bit screwy to begin with, but this bug really annoys me, too. We have 2 recurring events set by a member who isn't gone, but currently taking a break from the game and I am unable to remove it, despite having the ability to set that option in the rank settings.

I can deal with the slight time variations, but this is pretty bad. :p